Ghost  » Movies  »
  • I love him in his suit early on and could watch that over and over again
  • One of the amazing things about Ghost is the technological wonder used in completing the final scene
  • I'm not a big Demi Moore fan, and I prefer completely happy endings

• by Orrymain

Patrick Swayze fought hard for the role of Sam Wheat in Ghost, and it’s a good thing he did. He was perfect for the role, and it was he who, in turn, fought for Whoopi Goldberg to play Oda Mae Brown, for which she won an Oscar.

From the eye candy point of view, Swayze was great to look at. I love him in his suit early on and could watch that over and over again. In fact, I have, but Ghost isn’t about eye candy.

It’s about heart and the warmth that love brings. To quote the key phrase — the love inside, you take it with you.

Swayze brings sensitivity to the Sam Wheat role. We feel everything he is feeling, from confusion to vulnerability to joy. It’s a moving journey as he goes from ‘ditto’ to ‘I love you, Molly’.

One of the amazing things about Ghost is the technological wonder used in completing the final scene. The magical kiss between Sam and Molly (Demi Moore) didn’t take ...

• place in the same room, or even the same country. Rather, one of them was in America and the other in England, and it was the magic of editing that clipped that scene together. Yet, it was ultra emotional. Who could ever imagine that the two performers weren’t actually together.

Ghost is a great movie. There were quite a few scenes removed that showed the depth of Swayze’s acting, but the feeling was that those scenes were a bit too depressing for what the intended

scope of Ghost was supposed to be.

I do love Ghost, but it’s another Swayze film that actually isn’t at the top of my favorites list. It has nothing to do with how great it is, but just personal preference. I’m not a big Demi Moore fan, and I prefer completely happy endings.

For her part, Goldberg steals the movie. She’s hysterical, and her scenes with Swayze are superb. My favorite moment, though? Watching Swayze goofily sing Henry the VIIth. Now that was funny!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111903637580631/k2311a0319/3.19.09