Dirty Dancing  » Movies  »
  • Swayze's dancing is electrifying, but what I like even more than that is his singing
  • I love Dirty Dancing and watch it quite a bit

• by Orrymain

Dirty Dancing is a feel good movie that never fails to bring on smiles and feelings of delight. It’s the theatrical movie that set Patrick Swayze’s stardom on fire and gave us the line, “No one puts Baby in a corner”.

Frankly, I’ve never liked that line and I take great comfort knowing

that Patrick Swayze doesn’t like it either.

The line that really does make me laugh, though, and the one I remember more than any other is a disbelieving, somewhat lamenting, “I carried a watermelon.” That line is spoken by Jennifer Grey, who plays Baby. It’s just an easy line to identify with.

• We’ve all said dumb things in situations like that.

Swayze’s dancing is electrifying, but what I like even more than that is his singing. He had a hit record with his “She’s Like the Wind,” a song that is still played on the radio from time to time.

I love Dirty Dancing and

watch it quite a bit. It is a good, fun movie that evokes happiness. It’s actually nowhere near the top of my favorite Swayze movies, but that in no way demeans the positive points of Dirty Dancing. It’s good, clean fun, and it leaves one refreshed and hopeful. That’s a good thing.

Dirty Dancing

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111903637570531/k2311a0319/3.19.09