Thomas Jefferson Memorial  » Travel  »
  • Visiting the Thomas Jefferson Memorial was an emotional experience

• by Orrymain

Visiting the Thomas Jefferson Memorial was an emotional experience. Washington D.C. is just so full of historic places to go, places that America was essentially developed and expounded from. So many men, men we call great, and men who were great for their courage, are regaled there.

For me, for all his personal

faults, Thomas Jefferson was one of the greats that I value. I doubt he or his comrades thought of themselves as great men, but they were the founders of America and it was Jefferson’s words that are our bible, of sorts.

The Thomas Jefferson Memorial is another massive memorial that honors a founder of ...

• America. Its circular construction and domed interior is true to Jefferson’s preference for that type of architecture, and to see the mighty statue of Jefferson inside is quite awesome. You can just picture him talking to Congress.

The memorial includes inscriptions based on his words on each of the four wall panels.

To stand there and read them reminds one of how lucky we were to have Jefferson in our corner.

I’m glad I didn’t miss this treasure on my trip to D.C.

The Thomas Jefferson Memorial is one of the cornerstones of any visit to Washington D.C. It’s more steps to climb, but it’s well worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381903637500531/k2311a0319/3.19.09