Mount Vernon  » Travel  »
  • Though I didn't see much, I still have recommend a stop at Mount Vernon, and I hope one day to be able to return for a more extensive visit

• by Orrymain

I have to admit that my visit to Mount Vernon wasn’t exactly what I wanted it to be. I had a blister on my foot at the time, and it hobbled me significantly. Therefore, I didn’t really get to see that much of the place.

Still, Mount Vernon was an expansive and historic

place to stop at and visit for a while. That’s really what I remember the most — how big it was, and how green. It was a place worthy of a President, that’s for sure.

I really regret that darn blister. It kept me from exploring much more than just the outside ...

• of the home and the long path in front of it. I just couldn’t walk well enough.

Still, Mount Vernon gives off a radiance of greatness. It was, after all, the home of a great man, George Washington. For me, it was another historic place to think about over America’s history and

be reminded of our beginnings. In many ways, that’s what these historic treasures are for me, a way to remember and be grateful for what we have.

Though I didn’t see much, I still have recommend a stop at Mount Vernon, and I hope one day to be able to return for a more extensive visit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381903637490531/k2311a0319/3.19.09