Oscar Mayer Hearty Thick Cut Bacon  » Food  »
  • I know there have been times when I've needed just two or three full slices of bacon, and I've had to use twice that to get what I really need
  • I like that the package was easy to open as well

• by Orrymain

I’ve often said Hormel is my favorite food brand for bacon, and that’s still true, though I do use Oscar Mayer from time to time. Recently, in fact, I saw Oscar Mayer Hearty Thick Cut Bacon on sale and purchased a couple of packages.

While Hormel adds some zest and zing to the taste, Oscar Mayer is more flat, not as flat as lesser known companies, but it still doesn’t have a

lot of zest in the taste.

What Oscar Mayer Hearty Thick Cut Bacon does have to offer are superbly cut, thick slices of bacon. They don’t shrink down to nothing. I know there have been times when I’ve needed just two or three full slices of bacon, and I’ve had to use twice that to get what I really need. That’s not the case with this product.

These pieces of bacon ...

• are thick, and they stay thick. They are long, and they stay long. That’s what I do love about Oscar Mayer Hearty Thick Cut Bacon. It means I use less. If I need two full pieces, I only need to use two slices and I always get the amount I want and need. If this is what they meant by ‘hearty’, they’re right on!

I like that the package

was easy to open as well. It’s one where you just pull it apart. No one has yet to create a resealable package of bacon, except for the microwavable varieties that come in boxes or other type packaging.

Oscar Mayer Hearty Thick Cut Bacon is a winner. If it had some more sting and pop to the taste, it would be even better. That’s the only thing that keeps the score down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903637270531/k2311a0319/3.19.09