Rachael Ray Nutrish  » Pets  »
  • My dogs just enjoyed their first Rachael Ray Nutrish meal
  • That's fine, but I don't like the ambiguity that it causes

• by Orrymain

My dogs just enjoyed their first Rachael Ray Nutrish meal. This product is new and is made with real beef and brown rice. It makes a lot of claims, such as using real beef and wholesome grains, being formulated for overall health and wellness, not using any by-product meal or fillers, nor any artificial flavors or preservatives, and that it’s a hundred

percent complete and balanced nutrition for dogs.

From a mom’s perspective, I liked the look and feel of Rachael Ray Nutrish. It looks like healthy food that is attractive at the same time, with no yucky odors or greasy remnants.

The doggies were a little mixed. Of course, this is difficult for me to read sometimes, too. Whereas dogs I’ve had in the past were more finicky eaters, my current dogs love all their foods. The one exception was when they were sick and we believed it might have been related to the food. With Rachael Ray Nutrish, there was just a slight, uncharacteristic pause by my younger dog. After that, she dug in like normal.

My one concern is actually not related to the ...

• Rachael Ray Nutrish
      product. On the bag itself, it said that “a portion” of the proceeds are donated to pet charities and organizations. However, on a promotion advertising the product, Rachael Ray is quoted as saying “All of my” profits go to the charities, etc.

Now, if this means that Rachael Ray Nutrish is produced by a company not owned by Rachael Ray herself, so that she

gets a percentage of profits, as does the company, it’s just not clear. It sounds like maybe that’s the case so that she is donating her portion, but the company is not. That’s fine, but I don’t like the ambiguity that it causes.

Rachael Ray Nutrish appears to be a healthy, premium dog food that my dogs like and would be happy to have again.

Kevin says :

I think you need to do a little more research into what is a good dog food and what is not. This food is garbage. It is no better than any other brand you will find in the grocery store. No Fillers? What do you think the grain meals are. The meat used is not the nicely cubed chicken breast as shown on TV, instead it is the waste from the slaughter houses deemed not fit for human consumption The Animal fat could be anything from road kill to dogs and cats euthanized at the shelters or hit by cars. This food is not wholesome nor is it nutritious. You may just a well go to wal-mart and get some Ol-roy, same quality.

Orrymain replies :

I definitely respect your opinion. I didn`t do any outside research on this. I went by what the product stated, my response to the dog food, and my dogs reactions to it. I do choose my words carefully, though, and if you go back and read the review you`ll see that I said it `appears` to be healthy. As a reviewer, that`s all I can by and I do try to be as honest as I can be about a product. That said, people differ on what is or isn`t healthy, for themselves and for animals. Hot dogs are a good example of that. So, all I`m saying is that I`m not arguing with you and that my review is just my perception based on the product and personal usage.

Kevin says :

I also respect you opinion as I do everyone`s and I wasn`t trying to attack you in any way. People, and I include myself, tend to believe without question the advertising done by the company making the food, both human and animal food instead of fully reading the ingredient list and research the definition of each. The goal of my comments were simply to cause those who stumble across you review to not believe the claims made by the pet food industry and educate themselves about this subject. I am sorry if my comments came across as a criticism of your review, that certainly was not my intent.

Orrymain replies :

No problem. We`re in sync here. I want the best for my babies, so I have no problem with pet food education and research Thanks

Lonnie says :

Do Not Feed Nutrish Dry Dog Food to You dogs. I have read a lot of horror stories online and wished i knew about them but I didn’t . I’m sure that it caused my dog to have a seizure leading to death. Stay away from this food and I’m fighting to get it off the market

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291903637260531/k2311a0319/3.19.09