Sam Elliott  » People  »
  • I can't say I was a fan, but there's no denying the man worked a lot
  • When it came my turn to get a picture and autograph, I realized why the women were so dazed

• by Orrymain

Actor Sam Elliott is tall, handsome, and has a very deep and sexy voice. He’s made to play great character parts as well as the leading man.

I remember the first time I took note of him, and I have to say took note because he was on a series prior to this that I watched regularly but have no real recollection of him appearing on. That show was Felony Squad, but the role I remember him for was the card player who tried to take on Sundance at the beginning of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

It was a small role, but he had the stature to make that bit part a winning one.

He worked constantly with strong roles on television and in the movies. He began to make a lot of westerns, fitting the cowboy image and giving off that air of independence. I can’t say I was a fan, but there’s no denying the man worked a lot.

In the mid-eighties, I attended a rodeo in Fort Worth, and Sam was there. The gals were going nuts, and I just couldn’t help but wonder why. There were so ...

• many other celebrities there. When it came my turn to get a picture and autograph, I realized why the women were so dazed. It was his eyes.

When Sam Elliott talks to you, it’s powerful. His eyes bear into your own. It’s like he becomes a part of you, and there is no one else alive. I honestly haven’t experienced that with anyone else, but I’m sure that’s why the women become fascinated with him.

I met Sam again a few years later at an awards event. He was there with his wife, Katherine

Ross. Sure enough, it was the same thing. He really gives you his attention when he faces you. You become the focus. It’s like you’re magnetized, drawn into his charms. It’s simply amazing.

I’m still not a fan really. He did appear in Road House with Patrick Swayze, and that’s a big plus for me. Still, his roles aren’t at the top of my list. As a person, though, he seems like a really nice person. He certainly was gracious with me the times I met him.

Eyes — he’s got great eyes!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521903637040531/k2311a0319/3.19.09