Welch’s Sparkling Strawberry Soda  » Food  »
  • Growing up, I loved Shasta Strawberry Soda, but then they changed things and I believe they went out of business
  • Then I found a Strawberry Crush that I was able to get for a time, but on my last outing, the only thing I could find was Welch's Sparkling Strawberry Soda, so I decided to give it a try
  • My first taste was 'wow, that's definitely strawberry'
  • I think it's whatever gives it the 'sparkling' name

• by Orrymain

Growing up, I loved Shasta Strawberry Soda, but then they changed things and I believe they went out of business; I’m really not sure. Then I found a Strawberry Crush that I was able to get for a time, but on my last outing, the only thing I could find was Welch’s Sparkling Strawberry Soda, so

I decided to give it a try.

My first taste was ‘wow, that’s definitely strawberry’. My next reaction was ‘Darn; that’s not it. Hmmm … what bugs me about this?’

Welch’s Sparkling Strawberry Soda was pleasant to drink, but I immediately knew that it isn’t the taste that I prefer, and the hard part is that I ...

• can’t define why.

The Welch’s Sparkling Strawberry Soda I purchased was a 20 ounce bottle. Per the packaging, it contains no caffeine and is made of natural and artificial flavors. It must be something in that which keeps this product from really making me smile. I think it’s whatever gives it the ’sparkling’ name.

There’s a pop or zing in addition to the straight strawberry, and that’s what I’m not fond of.

Welch’s Sparkling Strawberry Soda is still a decent drink, but it’s not really what I’m looking for so I probably won’t be purchasing it again. I’m sure many out there would enjoy it, though. It’s definitely got that true strawberry taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903636850431/k2311a0319/3.19.09