NASCAR - In-Car Audio  » Sport  »
  • Unfortunately, they did an upgrade and now my computer isn't compatible
  • I love listening to the spotter doing his thing
  • It's exciting and makes watching a race without it a bit boring from the audible angle

• by Orrymain

I was reminded today just how wonderful the In-Car Audio offering by NASCAR to fans is. In-Car Audio is offered in a variety of ways, through NASCAR. It can be on its own or as part of other programs that give the fan information on a race or racing event.

One year, I was able to use the supreme package called Raceview. In-Car Audio was a big part of that. Unfortunately, they did an upgrade and now my computer isn’t compatible. They also offer it with something called Pit Command. this program isn’t as flashy, but it gives some

extras and includes In-Car Audio.

The beauty of In-Car Audio is that you can listen to your favorite driver during a race. You get the information right away, hearing the driver’s responses to the action happening on the track now. You can hear the strategy or listen in to the crew chief’s encouraging words. I love listening to the spotter doing his thing.

Sometimes, NASCAR will offer In-Car Audio free, especially at the beginning of the year. It’s a lure to try and get new subscribers. So today, I listened to my favorite, Jeff Gordon, during the Bud Shootout. I ...

• could hear his passion and determination, his disappointment and his humor. The one thing about In-Car Audio that is important to remember is that this is the real stuff; it’s the now, not thirty minutes later, and it’s unedited.

For example, during the Shootout the commentators played a comment by Jeff, only they did play it about 20 minutes after the comment was originally made. So often, this takes the comment totally out of context. This means the audience really isn’t getting the true story.

TV commentaries as a rule are slanted. It’s all commercial and redundant. In-Car Audio is fresh

and on the spot. I usually end up turning the TV volume way down and listening primarily to the In-Car Audio when I have it. It’s exciting and makes watching a race without it a bit boring from the audible angle.

If you want to listen to multiple drivers, you can select all of them. I’m not real fond of that option because you only get snippets and not entire comments, but it is an option if you want to have a brief idea of what is happening throughout the field.

In-Car Audio is a great thing, and I’m so glad it’s offered.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351903636830431/k2311a0319/3.19.09