The Ipod Shuffle, Second Generation  » Electronics  »
  • I have an Ipod Nano and what I like about it is its display screen
  • But what I noticed is its earphones seem to be shorter
  • Apple could have done this on purpose since the Ipod Shuffle clips on your clothes eliminating the need for a long set of earphones but I prefer clipping the Ipod Shuffle in my pants' pocket and the shorter headphones could barely stretch all the way to my ears
  • At first, I thought its lack of a screen would be a big disappointment but after using it for a couple of hours, I figured you can actually do away with the screen

• by 6Clix

This is the second-generation Ipod Shuffle released by Apple. It’s really small, about 1/3 the size of the first Ipod shuffle, and it comes in different colors. Like all Apple products, it reeks of quality. You could tell it’s of high quality the moment you open its box. It’s stored in a transparent plastic box with the Ipod Shuffle hanging in the middle, it’s references and accessories placed under it. The Ipod Shuffle looks simple yet sleek. Even its box looks simple yet sleek. The package includes a pair of white headphones, a small user’s guide and other references, a dock, and a pair of small, white, Apple logo stickers.

The 2nd Generation Ipod Shuffle is the cheapest Ipod by far. It comes in 1G or 2G flavors. Its body or casing is made of metal and

it has it’s playback controls on one side, and a clip on the other. It’s dock allows you to charge the Ipod via usb. Its charger cable is no longer the same as older Ipods. The dock has a jack for charging similar to a headphone’s jack and it connects to the Ipod where the headphone jack also connects. It’s dock is also very small just enough for the Ipod shuffle to fit snugly.

I have an Ipod Nano and what I like about it is its display screen. The Ipod Shuffle doesn’t have one. In fact, it’s probably the same size as the Ipod Nano screen. It would have been better if the Ipod Shuffle had a small screen so you can track the songs visually. Another thing that’s lacking in the Ipod Shuffle is an equalizer.

• Though its audio is pretty good, it would have been better if you can tweak the sound to your liking. The Ipod Shuffle is basically a very basic mp3 player which lacks a lot of the features of previous Ipods.

Because of its lack of features, Apple was able to drastically reduce its size and this is what I really like about it. It’s so small you can put it in any pocket plus it has a clip which allows you to carry the Ipod Shuffle without need of those old Ipod accessories that you put around your arm or wrist. But what I noticed is its earphones seem to be shorter. Apple could have done this on purpose since the Ipod Shuffle clips on your clothes eliminating the need for a long set of earphones but I prefer clipping the

Ipod Shuffle in my pants’ pocket and the shorter headphones could barely stretch all the way to my ears!

Overall, the Ipod Shuffle is a high-quality basic mp3 player. Its lack of a display screen might be a deal breaker for some but for a basic mp3 player, it’s really nice. Its very small size and its clip make it ideal for outdoor activities. You can clip it on your shirt and jog and you would barely notice its there. At first, I thought its lack of a screen would be a big disappointment but after using it for a couple of hours, I figured you can actually do away with the screen. The Ipod Shuffle, like other Apple products, is a bit more expensive than other basic mp3 players but what you pay extra is worth what you get back in quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161903636010331/k2311a0319/3.19.09