Loreal Dream Blonde  » Cosmetics  »
  • It also covered my dark brown root growth as well, but not as well as I had wanted

• by Jessica

I started off with an amber blonde, as I called it hair colour with highlights. It started turning a brassy colour on me so I picked up some hair colour at Walgreens that was on clearance. It was Loreal Dream

Blonde in the shade Medium Ash Blonde.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it turned out closer to the darkest “after” swatch on the box. It removed the brass colour from my hair, while keeping my highlights, which are now a lot lighter than before.

The hair colour comes with enough to do longer hair. Mine is down to my bra strap in lenght. It also covered my dark brown root growth as well, but not as well as I ...

• Loreal Dream Blonde
      had wanted. Overall it was a pretty good blonde dye. Most end up orange/brassy but this one turned out well!

Extras: It comes with enough shampoo and conditioner to last a week. It also comes with smoothing creme that you use

on your dry hair to keep it soft and shiney. Also, something different than most, it comes with a dry ends creme that you use 2 minutes before you put the dye on, and it helps keep the colour solid from root to tips.

ellen says :

ii have been using loreal preferance golden blonde ,what is the difference between that and loreal dream blonde 8G,,,,and what brand is the best ,,,i went from dark brown to blonde from using blonde dye over the years ,i never bleach my hair ,,can you use dream blond without bleaching your have first,,,thank you

Galega says :

The difference is all about the resulting color of the hair. If you take a look at the list of ingredients of both Preference Goldne Blonde and Dream Blonde, you will find similarity. You can use any of them as per your requirements. And, it is not necessary to use Dream Blonde on bleached hair.

Jessica replies :

Ellen, I never bleached my hair either. Dream Blondes are suppose to be better than the normal blondes for reducing brassiness though. So if your hair is prone to turn brassy golden reddish then this would be a good dye for you. I had went back to black hair last year but recently just went blonde again. My method is two different highlighting kits, the Loreal Frosting kit in caramel, and the Revlon frosting kit in honey. I used the caramel first, then two weeks later the honey. My hair went from close to black to a pretty dark golden blonde. I`m likely going to use the Dream Blonde over it again in awhile to get rid of some of the brassiness. Jessica

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311903635830331/k2311a0319/3.19.09