Creative ZEN X-Fi  » Electronics  »
  • Thus Creative Zen X-Fi does rocks the consumers
  • Overall the design and compact shape suits in our hand

• by Rony Mascreen

From the makers of PC audio parts to MP3 players, it is sure that they got the leading the products. X-Fi which commonly known as sound cards in computers, their PMP also named as X-Fi. Thus Creative Zen X-Fi does rocks the consumers. I have a lot of expectation to this product because of its quality.

The bundle which I got consists of 8GB X-Fi player, EP-830 earphones, USB cable, CD & Manual. The weight of the player is negligible and compact in size. The PMP is decent looking, chrome finish in borders, glossy finish does result fingerprint magnets. Overall design is exceptional. The PMP has 2.5 inch screen placed left of the face. To right there are keypads. nine keys arranged in 3*3 fashion which resembles a cellphone keypad. There is previous, menu button at the top. Below there is shortcut, play-pause buttons. The

keys well arranged and did not confuses with other buttons. The 3*3 buttons used are more in higher version Zen X-Fi for chating and Surfing internet through WiFi. On the right side of the PMP there is stereo jack, MINIUSB slot, and reset slot. Reset slot used for reseting the PMP when it strucks. Because of the good interface provided by creative I did not want to reset. There is a LED indicator in the right which signals whether the player is ON/OFF. I liked the product because they provided me an extra memory slot. At the top there is SD slot, Mic for recording. At bottom there is a narrow speaker. The back of the player has power and hold switch. Both which built in same switch so while we move right the PMP holds, when we move left power will ON/OFF. Overall the design and compact shape suits in our hand.

• Because of plastic body the PMP does weighs less. I liked the whole design especially its keypad.

As usual I loves creative interface. They are simple and easy to use. But when I played music in background and started exploring the interface, it becomes slow. Underpowered processor does irritate me when it becomes slow. Photos, Music, X-Fi, Videos, FM Radio, Microphone, Extras, Memory Card, and System which all are the interface comprised of. Navigation is slight confusing with this much of buttons. But after one week I am getting use to it. I loves the music organizer which has ratings, recently played and so on. The extras include basic organizer such as calendar, contacts, so on. The are attractive pre-set equalizer for music player also.

Talking about Audio, there is X-Fi pre-set, which delivers exceptional sound. And the prebundled

EP-830 earphones are also exceptional. But when X-Fi on they PMP produces sharp highs, sometimes irritating to ears. Sometimes you will feel the player is not giving full quality sound. I cannot accepts its under powered bass. But overall the sound quality is good when you find the right settings for equalizer.

Now talking about video is disappointing, they offered me Divx/Xvid Playback PMP. It only supports low resolution Divx/Xvid videos. So I have to decode to lower resolution for watching movies in my PMP. But I like the video playback quality.

Battery will stands for two days for my normal use. In case of video playback, I can simply watch two to three movies with full battery charge. Data transfer is also fast. After all it’s creative, and its sounds better than others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161903635390231/k2311a0319/3.19.09