Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer good for small places  » Electronics  »
  • If you are looking for something that will cost you under $200 then this isn't a bad item at all because you aren't going to find many better subs for that price
  • You can hook this sub up to different ways one is through a subwoofer cable (Which by the way is almost always the best way to do it, and you are short changing yourself if you do it a different way)
  • There are also some nice options as far as being able to set the Sub up the way that you would like it to play and I enjoy this
  • This sub I noticed is best for music as opposed to moves
  • I would also look at pairing polk speaker with this sub and it will sound just downright amazing together, always make sure to match timbre with home theater system

• by David Boston

I currently have a Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer running with in my household and it most defiantly gets the job done on a daily basis!

The look of this sub it’s actually quite nice it’s not huge which it why this is a perfect fit for a small house or an apartment which I currently live in, and it isn’t so loud that My neighbors want to kill me every time that I turn it on. Now if you live somewhere larger then this then the sub may lack just a bit, and it just won’t be strong enough but to each their own correct?

If you are looking for something that will cost you under $200 then this isn’t a bad item at all because

you aren’t going to find many better subs for that price. You would have to start looking at more expensive models to fulfill that need.

You can hook this sub up to different ways one is through a subwoofer cable (Which by the way is almost always the best way to do it, and you are short changing yourself if you do it a different way). Or you can use a regular speaker cable which just doesn’t get it done. At least not for me, it seems to lack in a bunch of different ways if you do it like that.

There are also some nice options as far as being able to set the Sub up the way that you would like it to play ...

• and I enjoy this. There is a low pass switch which allows you to set how low or high a sound should be before the sub will play it. However if your receiver uses crossover then those two numbers really should match or it could cause problems with your system.

The sound quality while not loud and head banging it very crisp and to the point. This sub I noticed is best for music as opposed to moves. While I watch movies this sub just didn’t stand out largely from anything else. But while listening to music it made itself heard and it sounded great!

My suggestion is this is for anybody who is on a budget are doesn’t want to disturb neighbors now is neither

of these apply to you then you ought to spend a bit more money and get a nicer sub that can really rock the house because I don’t think you will regret that at all. Also if you are in a tight space this is good sub also due to its size. You can squeeze it into a lot of different spots that you wouldn’t be able to get other subs into. This basically just goes back to this sub being for an apartment and or a smaller house and not much more than that. I would also look at pairing polk speaker with this sub and it will sound just downright amazing together, always make sure to match timbre with home theater system.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161903635290231/k2311a0319/3.19.09