Pioneer PD-F407 CD Changer  » Electronics  »
  • I know I said earlier that I have some pretty beat up CD's but those are one's I got from other people
  • The ones that I buy I like to keep in the best condition possible and this thing likes to scratch them
  • The output through the speakers is pretty good but I think you can probably get more from a good 2.1 set up through a home theater receiver and some good speakers and a good subwoofer but if you lie in an apartment or something f that sort then that may not be a good option for you either because it would be to loud
  • I bought this for around a $100 almost 3 years ago, and I'm sure that it can be found for quite a bit cheaper now then it was then

• by David Boston

The Pioneer PD-F407 CD Changer it works but I do have a few issues with it that I just don’t care for too much. I will get to that later though. When I first saw this for around a $100 I was quite excited and it was a no name brand it pioneer. Besides being able to put 25 CD’s in a switch through them without having to physically go do it all the time seemed like a great to me.

I haven’t run into any issues with CD’s skipping even the ones that skip on my brand new in Car

CD player play just fine on this system and that’s quite nice because some of these CD’s are pretty beat up and if this thing can play them well that a big plus. Another cool thing that can be done with this CD changer is the random mix. Where it’ll play one song from everyone of the CD’s that you have in the system and play them, and then go through and do it again. This way you aren’t listening to the same artist for hours upon hours!

One issues and for me it’s a big one is that the changing of the CD’s in this system seems to leave surface scratches. I know I said earlier that I have some pretty beat up CD’s but those are one’s I got from other people. The ones that I buy I like to keep in the best condition possible and this thing likes to scratch them. While they still play fine it’s just the look of the CD for me mainly because I like to keep good care of everything.

The output through the speakers is pretty good but I think you can probably get more from a good 2.1 set up through a home ...

• Pioneer PD-F407 CD Changer
      theater receiver and some good speakers and a good subwoofer but if you lie in an apartment or something f that sort then that may not be a good option for you either because it would be to loud. Therefore this would also fit your bill because you aren’t going to be knocking down your neighbors walls with this system

Well it is true CD players are kind of a dying bread since now most people listen to them through there home theater system, and or DVD player or something of that sort. This is still a great buy if you

are only looking for a CD player. I bought this for around a $100 almost 3 years ago, and I’m sure that it can be found for quite a bit cheaper now then it was then. I guess the hardest part would actually be finding the system now but I’m sure if you look hard enough you could fine one.

So I would take a look at this, or even a different pioneer system it’s held well, and I haven’t had any problems with the machine breaking down or anything of that sort, and it’s 3 years old now so it’s doing good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161903635280131/k2311a0319/3.19.09