BlackBerry Storm 9530 Phone  » Phones  »
2.5
  • The first thing that I noticed I've owned this phone and an IPhone, and the Storm touch screen just didn't seem as responsive as the IPhone that I had
  • IPhone has a lot more applications then the Storm users can currently get but they are coming out with more so this may not be much of an issue in the coming months

• by David Boston

BlackBerry Storm 9530 Phone just hasn’t kept up with the hype that I had heard about this phone, and Blackberry normally makes great phones but this one for me at least just feel short of what it really needed to do.

This phone is very sleek looking and honestly it looks really good when you are carrying it around, but that just an aesthetic thing and doesn’t really do much to help the phone as far as how functional it was for me.

The first thing that I noticed I’ve owned this phone and an IPhone, and the Storm touch screen just didn’t seem as responsive as the IPhone that I had. I don’t know if

I just got a bad Blackberry phone but this was very annoying and I really wanted something with better response. When I talk to the employees at the Verizon store they told me nothing was wrong with my touch screen. So I guess the touch screen just isn’t as good as the IPhone is.

However I did find the picture on the screen a bit more clearly on the Blackberry Storm compared to the IPhone. This wasn’t really a big win for the Blackberry though. I have really good eyes so both for them were really easy to read what was on the screen.

Where blackberry storm really loses me is trying to text and type notes for ...

• myself on the phone. With older blackberries like the pearl, and curve I can knock out message quite quickly. I just can’t do it on the Storm. The keyboard just doesn’t seem very friendly for most users and I find it very hard myself. This is the first phone that I’ve ever felt like I just learning how to write again on.

IPhone has a lot more applications then the Storm users can currently get but they are coming out with more so this may not be much of an issue in the coming months. Currently however it is.

The battery life is pretty close to the same for me as the IPhone was. Which isn’t really that great compared to lot of other phones. But it’s get the job done since I have a car charger, and such. So I’m always around a charger in case my phone starts to die.

My advice at least for now it to stay away from the Blackberry Storm, because in all honesty I wish I would have. Although I must admit I do look pretty darn cool carrying one of them around with me since I don’t know many others who own them

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371903635250131/k2311a0319/3.19.09