Palmers Coco Butter
  • This cocoa butter formula is supposed to be good for stretch marks, but I have been using it now for awhile and have not noticed a difference yet
  • I had always heard that coco butter is supposed be the best thing to use to get rid of or reduce the severity of stretch marks, but I have never actually tried it until now
  • So, if you too have an aversion to the smell of rotten chocolate, I suggest that you do not waste your money on this product
  • I think I am going to keep on applying this to my stretch marks until the bottle is all gone in hopes that I will eventually reap the benefits of it

• by Hawaii Reviewer

This cocoa butter formula is supposed to be good for stretch marks, but I have been using it now for awhile and have not noticed a difference yet. I gained quite a bit of weight a couple of years ago during an unusually stressful period of my life. I eventually lost the weight that I had put on, but this left my belly with a few unwanted stretch marks. I had always heard that coco butter is supposed be the best thing to use to get rid of or reduce the severity of stretch marks, but I have never actually tried it until now. I have to say that I did not expect the stuff to smell this horrible!

I cannot believe that I have been able to tolerate it for three months now, but I guess I would be willing to do almost anything (including applying this awful smelling cream to my belly three times a day!) if it promises to get rid of these embarrassing scars that make me look as though I’ve given birth several times, when in fact I do not have any children yet (that’s a big yet - I am expecting my first in a little less than 5 months from now!).

So, besides smelling like a chocolate factory when wearing this stuff, what else is wrong with it? Well, first of all, this smell is more of a putrid chocolate smell .like if chocolate were ...

• to rot, this is what it would smell like. So, if you too have an aversion to the smell of rotten chocolate, I suggest that you do not waste your money on this product. Now, I may have suggested that you buy it and use it anyways if it appeared to be helping my stretch marks to go away, but it is not. The funny thing is that people swear by this stuff - that’s why I got it in the first place, advice from friends at work.

This cocoa butter also claims to heal and soften rough dry skin. Yes, I can attest to this fact. It does indeed make your skin feel soft and smooth, but

there are plenty of other lotions which can do the same thing without the stink of this brand of cocoa butter. I guess if you can tolerate the smell, Palmer’s is the one people specifically boasted about.

This lotion also has Vitamin E in it which I have heard is good at reducing the appearance of scars. I think I am going to keep on applying this to my stretch marks until the bottle is all gone in hopes that I will eventually reap the benefits of it. In order to do this though, I think I will have to start wearing a clothespin on my nose. God I hope this crap reduces the appearance of my stretch marks after all this!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341903634930131/k2311a0319/3.19.09