Safeway Enriched White Bread
1.0
  • I would not recommend trying this bread no matter how inexpensive it may be compared to some of the other brand names
  • I thought by the looks of it that it would be comparable to like a Weber's enriched white bread
  • I was disappointed when I bought it for a few reasons

• by Hawaii Reviewer

I would not recommend trying this bread no matter how inexpensive it may be compared to some of the other brand names. I thought by the looks of it that it would be comparable to like a Weber’s enriched white bread. I was disappointed when I bought it for a few reasons.

First, the slices of bread look like your average sized slices of cheap white bread, but they really aren’t. They are thinner, but they at first appear to be thicker because of the fluff. Seriously though, they are all fluff. Now, do not mistake my use of the word fluff to mean fluffy in a good way, like a tasty pastry or nice soft piece of

bread with substance to it, because I mean, this bread is all fluff, as in air!

This bread is impossible to work with for anything other than toast, and it is a poor excuse even for toast - I can think of plenty of other things I would rather eat besides toast made with this bread. Making a sandwich with this bread is impossible. Well, not impossible, but if you want to eat it in one piece it is! As you begin to spread the mayo or other condiments on the bread, it tears! It is so frustrating because, by the time you try adding the meat, cheese or veggies, the sandwich is already destroyed from attempting to spread ...

• the condiments on the bread.

If you manage to delicately place all the sandwich ingredients on the bottom piece of bread, and then place the top piece on the sandwich, good luck picking it up! I would really discourage this unless you want to decorate the front of your clothes with various sandwich ingredients. I am guessing that you might be successful at something like a honey sandwich in which you just squirt the ingredient on the bread and then place the other piece of bread on top. This would probably work because the honey would not add any weight to the bread. But the moment you add banana slices or anything of any sustenance and or weight to

the bread, it will fall apart.

This brings me to my next concern. This bread falls apart at the slightest bit of weight or from the act of spreading anything onto it. If you put any ingredients on the bread that is damp or wet, as lettuce often is, you can expect the sandwich to crumble on you as soon as you lift it off the plate. Now, I guess you could start eating your sandwiches with a knife and fork if you really have to have this bread for some reason, but I would really suggest paying slightly more for a better brand if you can afford it, and you will be able to actually enjoy an intact sandwich once in awhile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271903634860131/k2311a0319/3.19.09