Feast East Sesame Dressing
  • I don't like the seeds, and I usually don't enjoy the dressings with the seeds in them, but this is an exception
  • Next to clever culinary artists, mom's are the best at that
  • I think it may also have something to do with the fact that the seeds are ground up so that they are very tiny and blend nicely with the other particles in the dressing
  • Instead, there is a delicious sweet and sour flavor that makes your taste buds tingle with every bite

• by Hawaii Reviewer

You have got to try this awesome dressing. First, I must admit that I am not a big sesame fan. I don’t like the seeds, and I usually don’t enjoy the dressings with the seeds in them, but this is an exception. Funny thing is that I almost didn’t even try it (I was forced by my partner!), and would have totally missed out on something I just love. The moral of that story is be open minded, even if you think you don’t like it. Or don’t let unpleasant past experiences guide your future experiences when it comes to food, because someone always finds a

way to make the things you think you hate good. Next to clever culinary artists, mom’s are the best at that!

So you may be wondering if there are sesame seeds in the dressing and she hates these seeds, how can she possibly enjoy the dressing. Well as I already mentioned, the flavor of the seeds is so well hidden and or even changed by the other spices that are added to the oil. I think it may also have something to do with the fact that the seeds are ground up so that they are very tiny and blend nicely with the other particles in the dressing.

• So, I am spared that huge burst of sesame flavor in each bite.

Instead, there is a delicious sweet and sour flavor that makes your taste buds tingle with every bite. The sesame oil is the last ingredient listed next to the spices so the vinegar sugar and canola oil mix well together to complement the sesame and tame its taste down so that it is not completely overpowering. They do not divulge which spices are added to the mix, but whatever they did makes this one of my favorite dressings.

I have used this as a dressing on salads, and most recently as a marinade for chicken.

I pierced many holes in the chicken breast and let it marinade overnight in a plastic baggie with ample dressing. If retained just enough of the flavor after grilling and made the chicken so very moist and delicious. There is also a recipe for Chinese chicken salad right on the label.

Now, I do not know if this product is available at Costcos around the country, but you can certainly find it at a local Hawaii Costco most of the time. It appears to have been a hit amongst the locals because it is a staple at our town store. Good luck finding this product and enjoy!

Ginny Smith says :

Where can I buy it? I live in Olympia, Washington. Thanks- Ginny Smith

Vicki Travis says :

I have fallen in love with your sesame chicken dressing. No one that I can find carries it. Can you help. I would like location of store that carries it. Thank you, Vicki I am in Springfield Oregon near Eugene 541-741-8093

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381903634740131/k2311a0319/3.19.09