Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • I immediately noticed that my makeup was staying on and did not crease at all
  • Also, because I like to use brightly colored pigments on my eyes, I noticed how much more vibrant the colors were appearing on my skin after using the primer potion, rather than just applying them to my bare eyelids
  • As many of the youtube reviewers will point out, the packaging definitely prevents you from getting all of the product inside of the bottle
  • I supposed in closing I would say that I love the quality of the product and now will never apply eye shadow without it
  • I bought mine at Sephora in the Urban Decay section, but if you don't have one near you buy it at either sephora's website or Urban Decay's

• by muern0s

Because of my recent interest and sudden addiction to makeup, I have been experimenting more and more with eye shadows. For people like me who enjoy bright colors it is somewhat of a pain when you see the most beautiful color in the shadow pot, but then when you put it on you realize the color does not look anywhere near as vibrant as it did in the pot as it does on your skin. Then you feel like you have wasted money on absolutely nothing!

As I rooted around and experimented some more I discovered something that I had never heard of: eye shadow primers. At first I did not really think that this sort of thing was necessary, but after becoming more and more annoyed at the lack of color payoff on my eyes I looked into what it is that eye shadow primers do.

Finally, after weeks of practicing and trying to find out ways to use something else as a base to my eye shadow I gave in and decided to shell out the money for a shadow

primer. I settled on the $15 USD Urban Decay Primer Potion (more commonly referred to as UDPP) because of the rave reviews I had heard of it on YouTube reviews. Well, I have played with it a few times since my purchase and I must say that I am very pleased! The reviews were right! This stuff makes your eye shadow appear brighter and helps to prevent it from creasing after a few hours.

Basically what you do, is apply a bit of this before you put on any eye makeup and distribute it into a thin layer over your entire eye lid. Once it dries is when you can start applying your eye shadow as you normally would. I immediately noticed that my makeup was staying on and did not crease at all.

Also, because I like to use brightly colored pigments on my eyes, I noticed how much more vibrant the colors were appearing on my skin after using the primer potion, rather than just applying them to my bare eyelids. This stuff looks a bit like ...

• peanut-butter when you get it out of the jar, but PLEASE do not try to eat it. Another thing that I really enjoy about this product is the cute shape of the bottle.

For those who have not seen it, it comes in a fancy curvy purple bottle with an equally curvy silver-gray top. It almost resembles a genie bottle, and I really thought that was a cute idea. However, the packaging of the Urban Decay Primer Potion is one of my biggest problems as well.

As many of the youtube reviewers will point out, the packaging definitely prevents you from getting all of the product inside of the bottle; and, if you are paying $15 for a small bottle of product you want and expect it to last you a long time. However, once you think the bottle is empty (as in, you stop getting a good amount of primer on your applicator), you fail to realize that there is a HUGE amount of missed product caught in the curves of the bottle. That is a LOT of product

wasted if you throw it out, and it bothers me that Urban Decay does this because it feels like they are ripping off consumers for their money.

There IS a way to get the product out, but it involves essentially sawing the bottle open and scraping the rest of the product into a separate container. This is a time consuming effort and also pretty dangerous since you are dealing with a sharp knife and could not only cut yourself on THAT, but also the sharp edges of the cut plastic bottle. I supposed in closing I would say that I love the quality of the product and now will never apply eye shadow without it.

However, the quantity is what bugs me. There are other primers out there, and I will probably try a different one after I’m done with this but I would recommend this to people because it is not too expensive and it will last you a while. I bought mine at Sephora in the Urban Decay section, but if you don’t have one near you buy it at either sephora’s website or Urban Decay’s.

Urban Decay Primer Potion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311803634030531/k2311a0318/3.18.09