Disney Gargoyles  » Movies  »
  • As I said, I wish Disney continued this series

• by Lorianna

I have recently discovered Gargoyles, a lesser known Disney’s animated series, and I am now hooked. This show is excellent. I so wish Disney would resume making it!

The storyline is rich and complex. It begins in 994 A.D. Scotland, introducing us to a clan of gargoyles powerful warriors who turn into stone during day

time and “sleep,” but come alive at sunset. They live at a castle populated with humans, with whom they have an agreement: the humans watch over the gargoyles during daytime, when they are helpless, and the gargoyles defend the castle at night. The gargoyles faithfully do their part, but the humans repay them with ingratitude. A ...

• traitor tips off the enemies, leading them to destroy all the gargoyles but six. The six survivors are put under a spell that makes them stone statues both day and night, for a thousand years. The statues are purchased by a wealthy businessman and transported to Manhattan. When the gargoyles finally wake up in 1994, the
        world around them is quite changed.

Each new episode unfolds some new aspect of the story, making it deeper and tying things together in a smart, intricate way. I love the characters, both good and bad. The main villain is one of those delightful villains you just want to keep watching. As I said, I wish Disney continued this series.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111803633980531/k2311a0318/3.18.09