Unlockdata.co.uk  » Business  »
0.5
  • I bought a phone in the UK outright and went overseas only to find it locked
  • I called Vodafone but it was going to take so long to unlock it I decided to use a website that promised they could unlock it for only 5 pounds
  • I wish I had checked first as there are so many unhappy people out there who have all had the same experience

• by Rebekah Joy

I hate wasting my time with websites like Unlockdata. I bought a phone in the UK outright and went overseas only to find it locked.

I called Vodafone but it was going to take so long to unlock it I decided to use a website that promised they could unlock it for only 5 pounds.

Unlockdata came up so often and at the top of all the search engines I assumed it must be reputable.

I wish I had checked first as there are so many unhappy people out there who have all had the same experience! I entered the brand and model of my Sony phone into their website.

...

• A box popped up saying they would email me my code in four hours.

Which they did, but only to say they didn’t accept my model and number.

It seems like the only phones they do are Nokias which are mostly free to unlock anyway.

They said they could send me a new sim card

instead or a voucher for another mobile phone unlocking.

I emailed them to say this was very unfair, I was out of the country and didn’t need another phone unlocked or another sim card.

Of course they never replied.

How can companies get away with this? They don’t offer any service at all.

My rating 1.

UNLOCKDATA says :

We took over the domain unlockdata.co.uk in April 2009 and only offer a genuine and reliable service

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411803632980431/k2311a0318/3.18.09