KitchenAid Slow Cooker  » Housewares  »
0.5
  • After my experience with the faulty KitchenAid toaster oven, I was reluctant to try anything else from the brand
  • I found that I'm not the only person to have this issue with this slow cooker
  • It's obviously a design flaw and the product really needs to be recalled, but apparently KitchenAid is not willing to admit the problem
  • I would strongly recommend not purchasing this product

• by TJ Lord

After my experience with the faulty KitchenAid toaster oven, I was reluctant to try anything else from the brand; however, I used to have a KitchenAid mixer that I just loved, so I gave them one more chance to redeem themselves. I picked the wrong product!

The KitchenAid Slow Cooker is basically a sorry excuse for

a crock pot. It supposedly has great features, like a powerful 400-watt cooking element and a programmable control with five different settings. I was also enticed by the alert system which warns you if your food reaches too low a temperature.

I was very upset when the interior lining cracked the first time I used this ...

• product. The company sent me a new ceramic liner but it happened again. I found that I’m not the only person to have this issue with this slow cooker. It’s obviously a design flaw and the product really needs to be recalled, but apparently KitchenAid is not willing to admit the problem. When the liner
        cracks, it leaves a disgusting mess of black, burned food at the bottom.

The cooker is large, which is what I wanted, for church potlucks; but I’m not dealing with the continual cracking of the ceramic liners. I am currently planning to return this defective piece of equipment. I would strongly recommend not purchasing this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531803632800331/k2311a0318/3.18.09