KitchenAid Countertop Oven  » Housewares  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, it really did not perform as advertised
  • It's available to purchase at Target, but I don't recommend it

• by TJ Lord

For $130, I expected a lot more of out the KitchenAid Countertop Oven. Unfortunately, it really did not perform as advertised.

I wanted a toaster oven because it has the capacity to toast, bake, or even broil; since it’s just my husband and I, it seemed like a great idea for making our smaller meals. I’ve

had good experiences with KitchenAid products before, so I gave this toaster oven a try. It looks nice, but that’s about it.

The problems started immediately. At first it heated up fine, but it made me nervous because it didn’t turn off like it was supposed to, but instead stayed warm for quite a while. Then ...

• it started not heating up, or heating up extremely slowly. This made it very impractical for anything quick, like toast; a normal toaster only takes a few minutes to make toast, while this bit of nonsense from KitchenAid was taking literally over ten minutes.

Then I noticed yet another problem: when using the oven, it got

extremely hot on the outside of the oven, literally too hot to touch. I just don’t see how this is safe. A friend of mine had purchased the same oven, and she was having the same problems! We took them back the next day. It’s available to purchase at Target, but I don’t recommend it.

Jennifer says :

Review on Kithenaid KERS87SS

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531803632780331/k2311a0318/3.18.09