Acer Aspire 1692WLMi  » Laptops  »
  • It should naturally have good network capabilities - this is one of the reasons why I decided to purchase a new laptop
  • I first played with the Satellite model, but was not very impressed
  • I noticed that Acer Aspire 1692WLMi is somewhat faster, although the characteristics of both models are comparable
  • I have heard that Acer computers are not so good and they don´t last long, still I liked this one a lot, enough to consider to change the brand (my old laptop is from Toshiba Satellite series)
  • Still, I am looking for something that would convince me completely, my experience with Toshiba was not so bad after all

• by karlak
      I am planning to buy a new laptop and recently had an opportunity to test two models, TOSHIBA SATELLITE L20-121 and Acer Aspire 1692WLMi, which two of my friends purchased last month. I note that the optimal laptop for my purposes should be fast and not very heavy, it should have a big hard disk and at least 15″ screen.

The design is also important, I

don´t like having just an awful black box.

It should naturally have good network capabilities - this is one of the reasons why I decided to purchase a new laptop.

I first played with the Satellite model, but was not very impressed.

I noticed that Acer Aspire 1692WLMi is somewhat faster, although the characteristics of both models are comparable.

Aspire 1692 has Pentium M 740 processor ...

• with 15″ screen and 80GB hard disk - optimal for my needs.

However, it is quite heavy - 3 kg are a bit too much to carry around all the time.

My friend told me that the batery is very good, it last over 4 hours.

Impressive!

I find sound and display to be quite good as well.

The design is nice: silver surface with black

keyboard.

In general, I was positively surprised by this Acer model.

I have heard that Acer computers are not so good and they don´t last long, still I liked this one a lot, enough to consider to change the brand (my old laptop is from Toshiba Satellite series).

Still, I am looking for something that would convince me completely, my experience with Toshiba was not so bad after all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63140663260330/k2311a0614/6.14.06