Nikon 10.0MP COOLPIX Compact Digital Camera  » Cameras  »
  • After using the Coolpix for a few days, I was pretty impressed
  • I love how easy to use the Coolpix camera is
  • Also, I've noticed that the shutter is a bit slow

• by TJ Lord

When I got the Nikon Coolpix as a gift, I had to take it out and use it beforehand to make sure it was a quality camera. My friend has small children and takes lots of pictures. After using the Coolpix for a few days, I was pretty impressed.

I love how easy

to use the Coolpix camera is. It’s got a neat feature that lets you take 16 pictures and merge them into one; this is ideal for taking large, panoramic landscape shots. The redeye reduction feature works well, so no more devil eyes!

It has a nifty copy mode that is designed for taking ...

• pictures of documents. I also like that you can resize and crop pictures in the camera. It has fun photo effects like black and white and sepia tone. In addition, it takes video with sound; you don’t even need to buy a separate camcorder unless you’re taking hours and hours of video.

However,

sometimes the pictures come out a little hazy. Also, I’ve noticed that the shutter is a bit slow; it was very hard to capture the kids smiling. By the time the camera was ready, they’d looked away. All in all, though, it’s a great camera for the price and easy-to-use for amateur photographers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431703632580531/k2311a0317/3.17.09