Film: Dead Silence
  • I was very pleased when I found myself really enjoying the film
  • I think what I liked about the film also was that there was a rule involved for survival

• by selphiealmasy8

Not having seen any film from the Saw franchise, and just liking the way the commercials looked, I watched Dead Silence with a little wary hesitation. I’d wanted to see if from those ads, thinking that it looked creepy, and hey dolls usually are

in the right circumstances, but still horror flicks are a tricky bunch! They are either very good or terribly bad. I was hoping for the former and fearing the latter.

I was very pleased when I found myself really enjoying the film. The plot concerns Mary Shaw, a ventriloquist, and her 100 dolls. In the small town of Raven’s Hill’s she is the stuff of horror legends. When his wife dies a former resident returns to his home town to look for answers.

There is not a lot of color ...

• Film: Dead Silence
      to the film. It’s all cast in blue except for a really nice, fancy red sports car. The atmosphere is tense and creepy. Donnie Wahlberg does a nice stint as a police officer who gradually comes to realize that his suspect is innocent and
      something weird is going on.

I think what I liked about the film also was that there was a rule involved for survival. It was nice in a genre where there seems to be little hope of winning against the supernatural.

Now if only the heroes could follow them…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111703632570531/k2311a0317/3.17.09