Pacific Rim Restaurant, Hobbs, NM  » Restaurants  »
1309 Joe Harvey Blvd, Hobbs, NM 88240
  • The rib-eye steak cooked with their teriyaki marinade is one of the best steaks I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant
  • For the quality of the food and service, it is definitely a good value
  • I highly recommend you give the Pacific Rim a try

• by leduncan

I have to be honest; I didn’t even know this restaurant existed before last month. While visiting Hobbs we were headed to another restaurant (across the street) that offered a 45 minute wait. So we decided to forgo the long wait and try “that restaurant across the street, the Pacific Rim. It was not a mistake.

If you are looking for what seems to be the most unique restaurant in Hobbs, the Pacific Rim offers an exceptional menu that includes everything from sushi, stir fry, steaks

and Italian dishes. The rib-eye steak cooked with their teriyaki marinade is one of the best steaks I have ever enjoyed in a restaurant.

The stir-fry and pasta dishes are build-your-own, with many selections on the menu. Choose your pasta, your sauce, the meat and then vegetables. Each dish can be unique to your personal taste. The Pacific Rim is also the only place in Southeastern New Mexico that offers sushi or any resemblance of seafood.

The Pacific Rim’s prices are moderate. Most dinner entrées are under ...

• $20.00. For the quality of the food and service, it is definitely a good value. The Service offered is an attempt at top-notch. Almost forced sometimes, the waiter and waitress’ are very knowledgeable regarding the menu. It does take some time to get your entrée. It felt like they were intentionally delaying our meal so we would have time to enjoy our salad and appetizers. Well, we were done with the crab rangoons and calamari, bring on the steak already!

The Pacific Rim ambiance is very

comfortable. It has a very nicely decorated main room. It also has a bakery, wine and coffee bar in a room adjacent to the main restaurant. The restaurant has an overall up-scale feeling, without the coat and tie.

I highly recommend you give the Pacific Rim a try. In the weeks I was in the area I ended up eating there four times. It makes for a great night out with friends or a romantic spot to celebrate a special day!

Pacific Rim Restaurant 1309 Joe Harvey Blvd.

Hobbs, NM 88240 (505) 392-0030

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71703632560531/k2311a0317/3.17.09