TOSHIBA SATELLITE L20-121
2.5
  • My budget was modest, I decided I won't spend over 1300$
  • I paid my last laptop 2600$, but overall I was not very happy with its performance
  • I was happy to find out that two of my friends recently bought new laptops, so I had an opportunity to test each of them personally and make the comparison
  • I like big screens, but my laptop should not be too heavy (I travel a lot
  • In general, I was not quite impressed with this model

• by karlak
      Recently I realised that I need a new laptop and I spend a week searching for one. My budget was modest, I decided I won’t spend over 1300$. I paid my last laptop 2600$, but overall I was not very happy with its performance.

I expected much more for such amount of money!

I was happy to find out that two of my friends recently bought new laptops,

so I had an opportunity to test each of them personally and make the comparison. One laptop was TOSHIBA SATELLITE L20-121, the other Acer Aspire 1692WLMi.

The price is more-or-less similar. Since my old laptop was from Toshiba Satellite series, I first tested Satellite L20-121.

This model has Pentium M 750 processor, clock speed 1. 86 GHz and 15″ screen - for my purposes good enough.

I like big ...

• screens, but my laptop should not be too heavy (I travel a lot!). Therefore, I have to compromise: Fifteen inch screen is optimal for me, 14″ is to small, 17″-laptps are usually quite heavy.

Still, I find this model with its 2. 7 kg to be a bit too heavy for my taste.

Graphic is decent and so is the sound. I am planning to buy a laptop with

Fast Ethernet and this model is satisfactory in that respect.

However, I prefer to have a big hard drive and 60 GB does not make me happy any more. The design is not very impressive, the battery is also average.

In general, I was not quite impressed with this model. With similar characteristics, Acer Aspire 1692WLMi was somewhat faster and much more exciting, so I start considering changing the brand.

surender says :

sir i am installing lan driver in Satellite L20 but it shows wireless driver. Pl tell me how can I install lan driver for this model. I shall be thankful to you. I am facing problems.

Jules Li says :

The Lan driver is different from the wireless driver. Download the driver from Toshiba’s website. This will make sure that you’re installing the latest and most appropriate driver for your laptop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63140663250330/k2311a0614/6.14.06