Kojic acid soap  » Health  »
  • I noticed in the first few days of using it, my face was peeling, but it eventually went away after few more weeks of getting my skin used to the soap's potent ingredient
  • This one I bought was said to be supplied to famous derm clinics in the Philippines, and I could see the reason why

• by kriztinay

I’m loving this soap. I had bought last month the orange colored soap on eBay for only 40PHP per 145g soap.

It smells like orange fruit and Perla detergent soap.

Kojic acid is said to whiten skin because it’s made from fermented sake.

This soap lightens my face faster than my body does.

I noticed in the first few

days of using it, my face was peeling, but it eventually went away after few more weeks of getting my skin used to the soap’s potent ingredient.

My skin is dry after washing so moisturizing is needed.

I also noticed that my skin became sensitive, but as I’ve said my face have become used to it that now my ...

• face feels normal as it did before using this soap.

I used to have pimples and old black scars on face, but they have lessened since I started using this soap.

However, it is advised not to use this soap when you are going out exposed to the sun unless you apply sunscreen.

It’s also a normal condition if

your face turns red and a bit stingy due to the acid reaction of the soap to the skin’s chemistry.

This one I bought was said to be supplied to famous derm clinics in the Philippines, and I could see the reason why.

The only drawback with this soap is that it melts fast; well, it depends on the manufacturer.

S says :

is this soap for all skin types because i know i don`t have sensitive skin and i always where sun screen. i think i have dry to oily skin? will this help to lighten my face and the rest of my body? and is there a chance that i will get some sort of skin irritation? plz help x

anne lei says :

You can try a small portion of your face, if it becomes itchy, then this soap is not for you. Remember, every skin has different reaction to a product. The first use of the product will make your skin peel then lighten, but it all depends on how dark your skin is and the reaction of the product.

Tracy says :

Kojic acid can be very irritating to sensitive skin. There are lots more skin whitening products that are not as harsh. One product that I love is Coco Jojo’s ultra rich whitening cream. It lightens my hyperpigmentation and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. Plus, it is packed into clay urns made from clay, so that it is protected from light and keeps its efficacy.

Rose says :

I’ve tried to use a kojic soap. But the thing that I don’t like about it is it dried my skin. And then I start scratching and have some redness due to that, so I stop using it.

Vivien Alpuerto says :

Yes skin irritation is commonly experienced during the first 2, 3 weeks of using it. You might suffer from redness, itchiness, dry skin and sometimes peeling. But after continues use, you will see a lighter skin color. If you cannot tolerate, you can use it every other day for the first 2 weeks, not more than once a day and avoid keeping it on your face for a longer time.

If later you encounter dryness, you just need to apply moisturizer. Please avoid sunlight as much as you can. So continue using your sunscreen.

denis says :

IT is whitening soap,does it mean it changes skin colour?because I’m black and I’m afraid to use it.pls advise

Vivien Alpuerto says :

kojic soaps helps in exfoliating the top most layer of our skin revealing a much whiter skin tone underneath. you can try it but be extra careful because you might encounter a little redness and tingly feeling for the first few tries. Avoid sunlight as much as you can. You can also use sunscreen and see better results. For your complexion, you might consider using this soap accompanied by other whitening products.

Bhambam says :

Hi ..I just want to ask ..I used kojie san soap and after 5dys i noticed red itchy spot on.My face.. .Is it normal?Or do i stop using it on.My face

Galega says :

What you are experiencing is not normal. You must discontinue using Kojic Acid Soap as you seem to have allergic reaction.

..Angela says :

i started using kojic soap for a week now…i noticed some changes in my skin..it works yes…but slowly…in terms of sentivity i do have it, i’m using this soap before bedtime and at noon…it is still important to use moisturizer co’z it will surely dried up your skin..but as i’ve it’s working for me…

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341603632090431/k2311a0316/3.16.09