Vizio 37″ HDTV with Digital Tuner - Class LCD (VW37L)  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • The picture was definitely not what we expected
  • They told us to call again if the problem persisted
  • I'll never purchase Vizio or recommend it to anyone

• by TJ Lord

At first glance, Vizio seems to be a great brand. They’re bringing the latest technology down to an affordable level by mass-producing flat-panel TV’s and selling them at big chains like Wal-Mart instead of smaller, more pricey electronics stores.

Why do I always have to learn the hard way? You get what you pay for.

When my husband and I

moved into a bigger apartment to accommodate our new baby, we decided to buy a new television. We were very excited about the 37″ Vizio HDTV. The price was right, at only $657 at Wal-Mart. The 1366 x 768 resolution promised a great picture. We felt like we were getting a lot of TV for our money.

However, Vizio ...

• did not deliver. We learned after the fact that Vizio televisions are made with substandard part from Mexico. The picture was definitely not what we expected. It claimed to have a high-quality picture, but compared to “real” brands like Toshiba and Samsung, it’s pretty pathetic.

Then we started having technical issues: the TV would randomly turn itself off. We

called customer service and were given a ticket number, but no actual help. They told us to call again if the problem persisted. Well, of course it did; but this time, we wised up and returned the substandard product.

I’ll never purchase Vizio or recommend it to anyone. If you want quality, you need to invest in an established brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161603631840331/k2311a0316/3.16.09