Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump
0.5
  • I could not have been more disappointed with the results
  • I would not recommend the Medela line of products to anyone

• by TJ Lord

Medela is one of the biggest brands in breast pumps; therefore, I expected my Medela Pump in Style electric breast pump to be a superior product. I could not have been more disappointed with the results.

The first thing I disliked about the Medela pump is that it cannot be reused by more than one person; the pump is badly designed in a

way that your breast milk can actually get into the machine. Because of this, each very expensive Medela pump can only be used by one person: they can never be re-used or resold. This means you’re losing out on a huge investment.

I also hated how noisy the Medela pump was. When you’re pumping instead of actually nursing, it’s difficult to get your ...

• body to relax enough to produce a decent amount of milk. With the Medela noisily grinding right next to me, I was so unnerved that my milk supply actually began to decrease.

The worst part of the Medela: the machine is not gentle on your body. I experienced excruciatingly painful water blisters on my nipples! This is absolutely unacceptable for such an expensive

piece of equipment. I was using the pump properly, under the care of a lactation consultant; and still I was in extreme pain. I quickly had to discontinue use of the Medela and switch to the Ameda Elite, a much higher grade of breast pump.

I would not recommend the Medela line of products to anyone. I will never use anything by Medela again.

Medela Pump in Style Breast Pump
    Yvette Phillips says :

Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump

I spent a little over 300 bucks on this breast pump.But trust me it is worth every single penny. I remember I had gotten sick in the beginning of my pregnancy,and although I didn’t have much milk the suction cups on this thing managed to get something out. I also work now and I have to pump milk for daycare of course and for those mornings when I’m in a hurry but still have to pump a bottle. This breast pump can get me a full bottle in 7 minutes tops. I love it and I’m glad I invested in such a great product

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541603631810331/k2311a0316/3.16.09