Johnson and Johnson starter bath set for babies  » Baby care  »
1.5
  • After taking my baby to the pediatrician for her first visit I found out that I shouldn't use any lotions or soaps that have fragrance in them
  • Instead I decided to use the Johnson and Johnson baby lotion on myself
  • My suggestion to anybody who is about to have a baby is to not get roped into buying these starter sets of things before researching whats in them
  • It will save you money and avoid waste in the end

• by siouxmix

Before I had my first baby I did what most new parents do and went shopping. Along with buying a crib, a stroller and diapers I also bought the start up bath set that Johnson and Johnson offers for babies. It has their trademark Johnson and Johnson baby lotion in the pink bottle, baby oil, baby shampoo, baby bath soap in lavender, safety q-tips and a bath toy. Since these were all designed for babies I figured it would be a good purchase.

After taking my baby to the pediatrician for her first visit I found out that I shouldn’t

use any lotions or soaps that have fragrance in them. The fragrance is too harsh for a baby’s skin and can cause irritation. He said that even though baby shampoo has fragrance it is okay to use in very small quantities when necessary. Babies usually don’t have much hair anyways.

When I went home I check the ingredients of the Johnson and Johnson baby lotion and bath soap and both contained fragrance. I haven’t used either on my baby. Instead I decided to use the Johnson and Johnson baby lotion on myself. Usually I use Cetaphil because I have sensitive and ...

• dry skin but I figured if it should be safe for a baby then it would be alright if I just used it on my hands and legs.

At first my hands and legs felt great right after I put the baby lotion on. Shortly thereafter my hands and legs actually felt even more dry than before I put the lotion on. I have since stopped using the baby lotion all together. Now, if it dried my adult skin out, I don’t want to think what it would do to a baby’s skin.

Also, the little bath toy that comes in the

bath set is made in China. I am a little paranoid about things for my child that come from China after all of the health scares with toys. So I haven’t let my baby see the toy at all.

I could have saved myself some money by not purchasing the bath set and just buying the baby shampoo and safety q-tips alone. My suggestion to anybody who is about to have a baby is to not get roped into buying these starter sets of things before researching whats in them. It will save you money and avoid waste in the end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541603631770331/k2311a0316/3.16.09