Salarjung Museum  » Travel  »
    • Item: Salarjung Museum Location: Hyderabad, India BY: krishnakomali

When I was in Hyderabad, I been to this museum on Friday. But after reaching there, I found that the museum is open everyday except Friday. So I returned back and visited it another day.

When I entered inside, I found a big crowd looking at the big and ancient clock kept at the museum and awaiting something. I

also joined the group.

After 5 minutes a toy- watchman emerged out from the clock by pushing the door and beaten the gong 12 times indicating the time 12′0 clock. That was really wonderful.

The watchman emerges out for every hour and bangs the gong and goes back to his place again. This is one of the most interesting items in the museum.

After I visited slowly the ...

• various blocks of the museum. I liked some portraits,paintings and especially the statue representing ‘lady with the lamp’.

This museum is a very big and large museum and is named after Salarjung III, who served as the third prime minister of Hyderabad Nizam. It is said that he collected many antiques and spend half of his time and money in collecting those priceless articles.

I liked this museum very

much. There are various paintings, good collection of clocks, various statues, various objects made of iron, wood, brass, marble, sandal wood etc.

wonderful collection of swords, costumes of kings and queens,sculpture etc. All items are impressive and wonderful.

This museum is near afzalguni in Hyderabad. We caught the local government bus to this place.

There are various buses run by government to this place daily. Refreshments are also available inside the museum.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38120663041130/k2311a0612/6.12.06