Acer AL1916W 19-inch Monitor
  • I bought the Acer AL1916W 19-inch Monitor for my most recent computer build, and have found it to be a very clear, colorful picture for a flat screen
  • If there was anything I encountered during my construction of my PC, it's that monitors are, by far, the most expensive single component of a PC build behind graphics cards, and even then, if you get a high-quality monitor, it can exceed the cost of a high-quality GPU
  • I think this is a pleasing combination to the eye, as it doesn't have too much clutter
  • I would recommend this monitor for anyone who wants a clear picture and an average-sized widescreen

• by Reed

I bought the Acer AL1916W 19-inch Monitor for my most recent computer build, and have found it to be a very clear, colorful picture for a flat screen. The 19-inches makes it fairly compatible with most graphics cards, and easy to read and see what is on the screen.

I bought the monitor upon the recommendation of one of Arstechnica.com’s Guides, and it seemed an economical choice at just under 200 dollars. If there was anything I encountered during

my construction of my PC, it’s that monitors are, by far, the most expensive single component of a PC build behind graphics cards, and even then, if you get a high-quality monitor, it can exceed the cost of a high-quality GPU. Therefore, I was pleased to read that the Acer monitor was a good compromise in quality from all the higher-priced brands, which were, on average, double the price of the Acer monitor.

The monitor has four buttons and a ...

• power button directly below the “Acer” logo. the only other writing is the “AL1916W” identification in the upper right hand corner. I think this is a pleasing combination to the eye, as it doesn’t have too much clutter. The stand itself has a large “Acer” logo on it, but it’s not very distracting. I find that the four buttons below the logo, which control various settings for picture quality, etc., are easy to use, and there’s even an “Auto-tune”
        button which attempts to adjust the screen to your current settings as far as your OS environment goes.

I would recommend this monitor for anyone who wants a clear picture and an average-sized widescreen. I bought it for 200 dollars a little over a year ago, so it should now be even cheaper, and is a good solution. I’ve played games on it, and while it doesn’t have a DVI input, only VGA, it still works just fine for my needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331403629710631/k2311a0314/3.14.09