Chanel No. 5 fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • When I smelled it for the first time I was really disappointed it smelled sharp and odd
  • But once I could smell through the aldehydes I could experience No

• by VirtuMax

This fragrance has already become a legend. Launched by Coco Chanel on the fifth day of the fifth month it supposed to be a fragrance for emancipated woman who “should smell like a woman and not like a flower” (according to Madame Chanel herself). Nowadays it has become a conception of a luxury classical perfume.

When I smelled it for the first time I was really disappointed

it smelled sharp and odd. The problem is that Chanel No.5 contains a huge dose of aldehydes. Those are aromachemicals with harsh smell that reminds of clean laundry, waxy surface of a candle or fatty citrus peel. It’s found in nature, but in fewer quantities than it is used in Chanel No. 5. Aldehydes give a sparkling twist to the floral bouquet of the perfume, but may smell strange if you are not used to this material. But once I could smell through the aldehydes I could experience No. 5 in all its beauty.

Chanel No. 5 is a very floral scent of sensual femininity. Smelling its developments is like walking through the different aspects of femininity. It opens with fresh citrus and fragrant orange blossom with a sharp touch of aldehydes ...

• Chanel No. 5 fragrance
      - a flirting temptress playing hard to get. In the floral bouquet of the rose and jasmine I can smell the sensual side of the eternal femininity. The powdery dry down makes me think of loving and caring mother. All three in one bottle of perfume.

I would wear this perfume during a day, but it would be perfect for a romantic date or a chic

evening event. This fragrance fits all ages, but young girls might find it a bit old-fashioned. I wouldn’t wear this perfume myself, as it’s too floral and tender for a male skin. But I feel attracted to woman who wears it to me it promises a touch of mystery that might be hidden in a woman wearing No. 5 and that invites me to discover it.

lava dragon says :

re : But once I could smell through the aldehydes I could experience No
even though it was expensive , i bought it.
its around 100$ and when i used it , i felt it is worth it.
the quality and its brand says everything.
the smell was not as strong as you think it from looking , it was was great.
the bottle and its packaging is also classy.
its a real good quality

my opinion is to just go for it.
you will not regret.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561303629620331/k2311a0313/3.13.09