Meeting Point Youth Hostel Amsterdam  » Hotels  »
Warmoesstraat 14, 1012 JD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
  • Talking to people from several different cultures at once was quite an experience to me
  • I recommend this youth hostel to energetic young travelers

• by Gral Kim

This youth hostel is a cool place to stay for low budget travelers. I’ve stayed there last summer, and had a great time. The employees there were very friendly, and they all knew how to speak English. I also liked that there were many travelers from other countries of Europe.

Talking to people from several different cultures at once was quite an experience to me. They also had a bar in 1st flour, and probably had almost the cheapest food, chocolate bars to cocktails, in Amsterdam. Also serving free breakfast helped me saving money from my tight budget.

The only thing ...

• I disliked was that I had to share a room with 17 other people mixed gender. It was okay for me because the only thing I did there was sleeping, but I assume many people would feel uncomfortable to stay with several strangers. For the readers who worries about security,
        you can buy a locker, which is a big oil drum, to securely put luggage in it. I thought my luggage were very secure.

I recommend this youth hostel to energetic young travelers. It’s also good because the youth hostel is located right in the center of the city, where all the fun is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21303629210331/k2311a0313/3.13.09