Creative Zen Vision W  » Electronics  »
  • Ultimately though, it's the best portable media player money can buy

• by Josh

The Creative Zen Vision W is, quite simply, the greatest portable media player on the market. So much more than your standard Mp3 player, the Zen Vision W puts the iPod and Zune to shame.

Boasting a 3 inch widescreen LCD (which is bigger than an entire ipod, mind you), you can actually watch movies on this player without needing to squint your eyes. The picture display is fantastic, with thousands more colors than the ipod or Zune. However, there aren’t enough

black levels, so movies with a lot of dark, black areas, such as horror films, don’t look quite as beautiful as they could.

The song quality is phenomenal. Creative labs focused mainly on speakers before going into the mp3 market, and it shows. The sound quality is fantastic out of any speakers, even the (relatively) lousy ones that come with the player right out of the box.

Because of the Vision W’s wide screen and huge amount of colors, its works great as a photo viewer. I currently have all of my photos from my trip abroad stored on my player, and I can show them off whenever I want.

The player comes with a removable battery, which is very handy. I currently have two of them, which means I only have to charge my player half as often. A removable battery also means its easier to replace when the battery inevitably fails (like they all do).

And the removable battery is also a plus ...

• Creative Zen Vision W
      due to one of the player’s faults. When listening to music and skipping through tracks, sometimes the player will freeze up. When this happened on my old players, I had to wait for the battery to drain itself. With the Vision W, I can just pop out the battery to solve the frozen screen. However, this player seems to freeze a little too much, and a lot more than the ipod or zune.

The other fault of the player is its size. It’s

length is perfect for the size of its screen, however, it is much too thick. I reckon they could have easily taken off at least a third of the thickness without sacrificing harddrive size. As it stands now its about the width of a deck and a half of cards.

Ultimately though, it’s the best portable media player money can buy. I would have given it a 10/10 if it didn’t freeze as much as it did and if it were a little thinner. 9.5/10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161303629070231/k2311a0313/3.13.09