Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
  • Capcom had managed to create a game that was graphically beautiful, a challenge to play without being frustrating, and overall, one of the best and most unqiue video game experiences I had ever played
  • And as much as I regret saying so, despite originally being a Gamecube title, Resident Evil 4

• by Josh

Resident Evil 4 was one the greatest games to come out last generation. But does the game still hold up with the current gen systems? In short, absolutely.

As a Resident Evil fan, I was initially turned off by Resident Evil 4’s abondenment of the core gameplay that made the original series great. But when I finally picked it up and played

it myself, I was completely blown away. Capcom had managed to create a game that was graphically beautiful, a challenge to play without being frustrating, and overall, one of the best and most unqiue video game experiences I had ever played. When they ported it to Wii, with new motion and IR controls, I knew I had to give it a try.

Although initially the controls felt counter-intuitive (you control you cross-hairs pointer, and the camera seperately, for instance, rather than the locked setting they were on the Gamecube and PS2 versions) I quickly fell in love with the new control scheme, and found the game considerably easier to play. And that’s not a bad thing.

Graphically, the game is a direct port ...

• Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
      of the Gamecube version, except now its presented in beautiful 16:9 widescreen. And as much as I regret saying so, despite originally being a Gamecube title, Resident Evil 4: Wii edition contains some of the best graphics currently on the Wii system. In addition, extra gameplay modes that were added to the PS2 version have been included in the Wii version
      (such as Assignment Ada), but they are rendered with the Gamecube graphics, rather than the lesser PS2 ones. This is a fantastic and welcome addition.

I cannot stress enough how simply fantastic Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is. Had it been an original Wii title, and not a port, I’d have given it a complete 10/10. But since it is a port, 9/10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281303628911231/k2311a0313/3.13.09