Bounce Fabric Softener Dryer Sheets  » Housewares  »
  • Bounce claims they invented dryer sheets in 1975, and whether or not this is true, the company definitely produces an amazingly excellent line of dryer sheets
  • Of course, the best technical solution to this is to use Bounce's scent-free dryer sheets, but I keep getting my boxes of dryer sheets when they are on sale to save money, and the scent-free boxes never seem to go on sale where I live
  • Speaking of money, Bounce dryer sheets do cost significantly more than many of their counterparts
  • While this is not a big issue, it is worth remembering to dry your children's sleepwear separately, just in case

• by Joelius

Bounce fabric softener dryer sheets provide an easy, effective method of getting clothes to come out of the dryer machine soft, static-free, and smelling great. Bounce claims they invented dryer sheets in 1975, and whether or not this is true, the company definitely produces an amazingly excellent line of dryer sheets. There are plenty of alternative companies producing dryer sheets now, but Bounce seems to have them all beat with the quality of their product, which suggests to me the company’s claim is indeed true and they have been busy refining the

dryer sheet since its inception.

Bounce dryer sheets come in several fragrances: outdoor fresh, fresh linen, spring fresh, fresh lavender, and scent-free. Personally, I find outdoor fresh and linen fresh to be gentler fragrances and more appropriate for laundry. The spring fresh and fresh lavender dryer sheets are just too intense for my taste-I feel clothes should just smell plain and clean from the dryer, and stronger specific fragrances should be added later at the discretion of whoever is wearing the clothes. Colognes and perfumes are wasted if the underlying scent ...

• from the clothes overpowers or clashes with them. Of course, the best technical solution to this is to use Bounce’s scent-free dryer sheets, but I keep getting my boxes of dryer sheets when they are on sale to save money, and the scent-free boxes never seem to go on sale where I live.

Speaking of money, Bounce dryer sheets do cost significantly more than many of their counterparts. However, Bounce dryer sheets are worth the extra expense. Especially with generic versions of dryer sheets,I find myself having to use more than one

sheet per dryer load. I have several pets living with me, so fur build-up is something I constantly must combat when doing laundry. With generic dryer sheets, I typically need to use at least two or three per load, but with Bounce, I just need one.

One thing to keep in mind when using Bounce dryer sheets, though, is that it can reduce the flame resistance of garments labeled “flame resistant”, such as children’s pajamas. While this is not a big issue, it is worth remembering to dry your children’s sleepwear separately, just in case.

brad says :

was one of the inventors of bounce dryer sheets a guy with the last name Hendricks?

Joelius replies :

Bounce dryer sheets are a registered trademark of thr Proctor and Gamble corporation, and in the fine tradition of inventions and breakthroughs accomplished by employees of a corporation, the parent corporation seems to have taken the credit for this invention by saying WE invented dryer sheets in 1975… quoted from the official Bounce website rather than giving any credit to the actual individual, whose name I am unable to find from a reliable source.

Randy says :

Actually I know who was the engineer that created Bounce for Proctor and Gamble.

Fay says :

I think they are horrible.They cause build-up in the dryer and on my clothes.I have ruined a few things.So far I haven’t been able to find a sight that gives some hints as to how to fix the problem.The only thing that I have found they are moderately good for is eliminating odor in the garbage.

Isadora Night says :

I’ve never had that problem before perhaps its the actual dryer that is causing the build up? Just a thought

Joanna says :

Hi Fay,

I used to have that problem with bounce sometimes. Sometimes it would work great and other times it wouldn’t I never really figured out why.

As an alternative I suggest gain dryer sheets.They work very well, have a wonderful smell, and they don’t seem to leave a buildup on clothes. If you are shopping for a new dryer sheet, I would definitely suggest Gain.

Hope this helps.

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531303628891231/k2311a0313/3.13.09