Acer Aspire 5737Z
  • As there was no exatra graphic card in Acer 5735 and there was nVidia GeForce 9400m G graphic card in Acer 5737Z I decided to go for this one by paying extra 200 bucks
  • And its really a very good value for money that I paid
  • It has got 15.6 inches extra wide screen for the best multimedia experience and Gaming experience
  • The cons of this laptop I found is its little havier in weight then the other usual laptops

• by riki

Just bought this laptop last week and feel very good now after using it. It is really very powerfull and you dont need to install virtually any software into it as it is already bundelled with all the required sofrwares. I was earlier confused between whether to buy Accer Aspire 3575 or to buy accer inspire 3737Z.

As there was no exatra graphic card in Acer

5735 and there was nVidia GeForce 9400m G graphic card in Acer 5737Z I decided to go for this one by paying extra 200 bucks. So finally I got it in 1200 dollar.

And its really a very good value for money that I paid. It comes with Dolby home theator system and virtual sorround sound.

It has got 15. 6 inches extra wide screen for the best ...

• multimedia experience and Gaming experience.

There is a whooping 320 GB of hard disk in it which will be more than enough to store my media collections and Gaming one. Along with the laptop i got free Microsoft Vista home edition and 60 days trial version of MS OFFICE.

The cons of this laptop I found is its little havier in weight then the other usual laptops.

But thats ok for me as I dont have to carry it anywhere outside.

Besides that it provides the great pleasure for watching High definations dvd movies. Its key board layout is also unusual with full key board along with the extra number pads just like your desktop keyboard.

Finally a Thumbs up for a new acer product and I am glad that I made a smart choice.

nataša furjanič says :

Hi I just bought Aspire 5737Z. I pluged it in and let the battery to fill for 24 hours 16 reguired . I have instaled windows XP. When I work on it, after cca 2 hours it shuts down, the battery is empty. How come? thanks for your answer Nata a Furjani

riki replies :

I got preinstalled Windows vista along with my laptop when I purchased it. I dont know what can be problem with your laptop, but as I said earlier in my review, its battery backup is not that poweerfull. So with out plugin external battery you can work only upto 2 to 2 and half hours on it. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Jimmy says :

Hey would you please be able to tell me where you brought the Acer Aspire 5737z for 1200. Cheers Jimmy

riki replies :

Hi Jimmy. I bought it from JB HiFi in Melbourne.

Primoz says :

Helo. I bought this Notebook the ACER 5737Z for watching movies on tv thru vga out and spdif out the spdif out is the black jack , but the spdif out its optical is not working. I tryied everything. The driver is saying dolby digital out activaited, but no sound is comming out. Can anyone confirm or maybe test this. Im gething to think that this model does not support spdif out.

riki replies :

It does support TV output…But I have never tried it though…You change the cable and try any different type of cable to join your laptop with TV…Because this laptop might have that special cable requirnments…Though I am not sure what exactly can be the real problem..

Primoz says :

Riki.. Helo. Can you test on your laptop if you select spdif out in your audio setings if there is coming a thiny red light out of the black 3.5 mm jack if so that mins that the spdif is working. I tried everything but cannot get it to work. The vga out is working great but the spdif not, so i get a very good picture but just stereo sound and not dolby digital thru spdif.

riki replies :

I dont know how to change such Audio setting and and select spdif out May be if you can tell me how to do it manually, then I can try it for you…

Primoz says :

Helo Riki… To make spdif work you should go to control panel, then double click sound, and then right click REALTEK DIGITAL OUT and set it to enable, after that restart the computer an there should be a thiny red light in the black 3.5 mm jack, if not then the spdif is not working. You repeat the whole proces again to disable the realtek digital out. Thanks in advance.

Tanya says :

Hello. Before one year I bought Acer Aspire 5737z installed Windows vista and now it doesn`t start when you push the start button. I remove the battery and I have the same problem. My question is this a hardware or software problem? Maybe I should install vista again? Thanks in advance for the paid attention.

riki replies :

Hi. It seems like a Hardware problem. Just keep pressing the Start button for about a minute and see if anything happens. Also make sure that external charging is plugged in. If it still doesn’t start, then take it Acer service center.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631203628401131/k2311a0312/3.12.09