Parangtritis beach Indonesia  » Travel  »
Bantul, Jogjakarta, Indonesia
  • In east side this beach there's some big rocks and coral, it so interesting, I like to go to this part just to sit in the rock or play sands around there
  • The beach now looks a little bit different, but it don't decrease the quantity of some visitors, because I think it still look beautiful

• by coolvie

Parangtritis beach is one of the famous beach in my city, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It’s location in south of Java island, it’s in Bantul, Jogja. The beach is about 40 km from Yogyakarta city.

The road to get there is so easy, just go to the ringroad and then to the parangtritis street and go straight until you find the beach. Parangtritis beach is always crowded when holiday season come especially in new years eve, Chinese new year, and a day before Ramadhan.

If you will go there in that day you must have big patient because the road to the beach is always traffic and I’ve ever been stuck at the road for more than 2 hours!. All people from all

over city visit it with their whole family.

I visit there in many times, usually with my friend and my boyfriend. The beach is long, when you walk from west side until the east side of the beach walking, you will feel tired.

So, there’s available horse or ‘andong’ (some horse caravan). You cant rent it if you wanna see and enjoying the view along the beach, it’s just IDR 10000 to ride it.

The beach actually has a hard wave, many people that ignoring the lifeguard warning by swimming too far from the beach couldn’t survive and sometimes they gone because of the hard wave. There’s also some legend/myth in this beach, people said that the beach is guard by ...

• a queen called ‘Nyi Roro Kidul’ and she’s living under the sea, sometimes she ask the sacrifice which are the people itself.

So, the myth said that if we wanna go to Parangtriris beach we shouldn’t wear green clothes because it’s Nyi Roro Kidul’s clothes, and if we wear it we would drowning by the waves and never come back. Because of the myth, many traditional custom do to give some sacrifice to the sea, usually it’s flowers, chicken, and anything else that has a relation with Nyi Roro Kidul.

In east side this beach there’s some big rocks and coral, it so interesting, I like to go to this part just to sit in the rock or play sands around

there. When I went there at new years eve, two years ago, oww I didn’t expect that the beach is really really crowded and almost never space to for me to move.

All people sit at the sand just to wait 12pm and turn on the fire cracker and firework. Two years ago, Parangtritis beach got an effect from the big earthquake in my city, and some high wave disaster.

It make the beach line decrease, so the place that use to be became some small store that provide some snack and coconut now is gone, now it’s full of sands. The beach now looks a little bit different, but it don’t decrease the quantity of some visitors, because I think it still look beautiful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381203628311131/k2311a0312/3.12.09