iPod Nano 4th Generation
1.0
  • So, as an avid technology addict, I decided to try one out and check out its features and see if it really trumps its competitors
  • The only benefits I found in the IPod Nano were the fact that the sound quality was great and the fact that the player had games on it, which is something that many of Apple's competitors are lacking
  • Also, the build of the Nano was very flimsy and plastic-like, definitely not as solid as the Sansa and Zen
  • Also, although I applaud Apple for including games on the player, actually using the games becomes a major problem
  • Overall, I would recommend the player only to those buyers who love Apple products or have Mac computers, because the Nano has no use besides another part of an Apple product collection

• by Rhino

The new generation IPod Nano from Apple has been the center of a lot of buzz about it being a great MP3 player. So, as an avid technology addict, I decided to try one out and check out its features and see if it really trumps its competitors.

The only benefits I found in the IPod Nano were the fact that the sound quality was great and the fact that the player had games on it, which is something that many of Apple’s competitors are lacking. The games were entertaining, especially the ball-and-brick one, but other than that the typical solitaire was a disappointing choice if you’re going to put games

on a player. I found the headphones that came with the Nano to be very comfortable and appealing, they were light and fit very nicely in the ear.

The failures and flaws of the Nano were much longer: First, the price of the player is absolutely obscene. I was surprised to find that an mp3 player that is packed with so little features can fetch price tags of over $150. I found that amount to be way overpriced and definitely was interested in looking at Apple’s competitors for better deals. I was surprised that the player had no FM radio. Other players like the Zen and Sansa already had FM radio ...

• years ago, and I was frustrated to find that Apple is still refusing to include the FM radio. Also, the build of the Nano was very flimsy and plastic-like, definitely not as solid as the Sansa and Zen. When I was holding the Nano, the plastic build felt so weak that the player could break in my pocket. Also, although I applaud Apple for including games on the player, actually using the games becomes a major problem; I was shocked to find that playing solitaire for about 20 minutes diminished my battery life to half a charge. Also, for the price of the player, the screen size I thought was
        an embarrassment. Creative Zen has a 2.5′ screen, while the Nano has a 2′ screen, but the Zen sells for half the price of a Nano. There is nothing there to justify the price of the Nano. Also, I found iTunes to be an absolute train-wreck. Most other players on the market have gone with the drag-and-drop format of sync without any programs or conversions, but Apple holds on to iTunes for dear life, which was extremely disappointing for me. Overall, I would recommend the player only to those buyers who love Apple products or have Mac computers, because the Nano has no use besides another part of an Apple product collection.

Mike says :

i have a plan to buy it, but i doubt about the sound quality of iPod Nano 4th gen. what is the weakness of this gadget? is there any competitor with the same price? thanks for the info..

Galega says :

There isn’t any competitor of this mini wonder in the same price range. You can find many good audio products with cheaper price tag, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161203627921031/k2311a0312/3.12.09