Attapsana Guesthouse in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia  » Hotels  »
No. 38, 1st Floor, Jalan Berangan, Off Jalan Nagasari,Bukit Bintang
  • I found myself on a few occasions late night 'snacking' at one of the two lounges in the guesthouse
  • I would recommend this guesthouse to other travelers, especially those who are tired of 'socializing'

• by globeshopper

An unusual hostel but i liked it anyway!

Not your average backpacker’s hostel at all. Unlike most high energy, party-esque guesthouses, this one is very laid back, and very quiet. I’m used to guesthouses that have alot of guest interaction, with travelers staying up half the night. Sometimes that’s nice but every now and then you need a break, and a chance to just enjoy some quiet time. This is the perfect place to do it.

The ambience is very “homey”, lots of wooden and natural fabrics make up the decor. I could tell that a lot

of effort went into adding the right touches. My room had an attached balcony, which was nice. The air-conditioning proved to be an added and much needed perk. An additional perk is the free high speed wifi!

One thing I didn’t like so much was that smoking was allowed in the guesthouse. As a non smoker I’m pretty sensitive to lingering smells so it wasn’t too pleasant in that regard.

This guesthouse is smaller though, so the weary traveler feels more attended to. The staff are very polite and incredibly helpful, they were always suggesting places to ...

• go and means to get there. It was nice to be in the company of people who i felt genuinely wanted me to make the most of my stay.

The hostel is also very clean, from the guestrooms down to the toilet. This place offers hot showers, which is not a guesthouse standard. Breakfast is available on site for a small price. There is also a mini-supermarket in the vicinity that stays open pretty late. I found myself on a few occasions late night ’snacking’ at one of the two lounges in the guesthouse. Like most guesthouses,

this one provides a TV with cable and tonnes of DVDs for their guests. Due to the demographic of guests though, the TV was never on and the guests were usually enjoy books out of the modest library / book exchange.

This guesthouse is within walking distance (about 5 minutes) of major shopping, restaurants, tourist spots, and transportation lines.

I would recommend this guesthouse to other travelers, especially those who are tired of ’socializing’. The privacy offered by Attapsana, coupled by the great service really allows one to recharge. For the weary travel, I rate an 8!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21203627520531/k2311a0312/3.12.09