Barbara’s Bakery Peanut Butter Puffins cereal  » Food  »
  • I love that they are 100% natural and that they are vegan
  • Cereal alone is usually expensive and you might pay a little bit more for this cereal, but I think it is worth it for better ingredients
  • If you are looking for a cereal that is low fat, has no artificial flavors, colors, hydrogenated oils or preservatives and most importantly will make adults and kids happy, then I highly recommend Barbara's Bakery Peanut Butter Puffins

• by stuckinarut

I try to look for more natural cereals and one of the companies that I have come to like, for more natural products, is Barbara’s Bakery. My favorite of their cereals is their Peanut Butter Puffin’s cereal.

I like to eat mine with rice or soy milk. It is a nice crispy, crunchy cereal. They hold up really well in milk and don’t turn soggy easily. I love that they are 100% natural and that they are vegan.

They are also wheat-free, but they are not gluten-free, because they do contain oats.

My favorite part is that they taste like Peanut butter Cap’n Crunch, but have less sugar (3 grams less to be exact.) They may have less sugar, but they have not lost any sweetness. Somehow even with less sugar they seem to be just as sweet as Cap’n Crunch. Since they do taste so sweet I often eat them as a snack, rather than breakfast.

• They are very good to just munch alone, without milk. Actually too good!

Cereal alone is usually expensive and you might pay a little bit more for this cereal, but I think it is worth it for better ingredients. I have often bought my boxes at Amazon. I have found them a bit cheaper than my local grocery store. It is usually about $3.30 for an 11 ounce box.

The outside of the box will keep you entertained

as well as educate you. The cereal box is covered with pictures of the different types puffin birds and all kinds of facts about puffins and their habitat. It’s great because the Barbara’s Bakery company also donates some of their profits to help puffins.

If you are looking for a cereal that is low fat, has no artificial flavors, colors, hydrogenated oils or preservatives and most importantly will make adults and kids happy, then I highly recommend Barbara’s Bakery Peanut Butter Puffins.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271103627330331/k2311a0311/3.11.09