Acer TravelMate 2420
0.5
  • I bought the laptop primarily to use when I my traveling and needed to keep up with work submissions
  • I managed to get a new battery from a third party manufacturer for less than half the cost
  • I thought that this must be a one-of situation but then I decided to contact some friends in a well known international software company to ask if any of them had Acer laptops and was devastated to watch them laugh in my fact

• by Jaywalker Jr

I have been using the Acer TravelMate 2420 for the past year and a half. I bought the laptop primarily to use when I my traveling and needed to keep up with work submissions. It served me well for about three months. Then the battery knocked out. This is what went wrong with the whole deal.

I approached the vendor with my complaint and was asked if I had registered the purchase online. I said no because I never knew I had to. I was just not informed at the

time of the sale. He just promptly told me that it was all written the booklet instructions and that without a valid registration the guarantee was void.

I called Acer and they said that the retailer was right. However they were helpful enough to “direct’ me to the nearest Acer dealer who would replace my battery for a fee. I managed to get a new battery from a third party manufacturer for less than half the cost.

A few months later the keyboard keys began to fail one at a time.

• Beginning with the letter 5 then M and the Space bar then all of a sudden about 12 to 15 keys are not functioning. A new keyboard is costing me an arm and a leg. So I went out and bought my self a USB keyboard that is smaller than the laptop keyboard. I am gleefully using this for the past year.

The hard disk of the Acer TravelMate seems to be making no end of noise and is very distracting while the LAN port has also been playing up

and has needed to be repaired once.

I thought that this must be a one-of situation but then I decided to contact some friends in a well known international software company to ask if any of them had Acer laptops and was devastated to watch them laugh in my fact. They say, “Acer” never in your life. I never mentioned that I had a TravelMate 2420 but one of them went the length to say that perhaps and Acer, but never a 2420.

I accepted the fact that I had been had!

Acer TravelMate 2420

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631103627320331/k2311a0311/3.11.09