Dish TV Service  » Satellite services  »
0.5
India
  • They came They saw and I took their mobiles away from them, then told them to settle the problem from the location without calling their office
  • Frankly I think it is all about money, perhaps God channel never agreed to their share of the commission
  • I am thinking of switching over to some other service but Dish TV I will not recommend to anyone They have a lot of customer care to catch up on

• by Jaywalker Jr

Dish TV has grown into a giant in the industry if home entertainment. Oh, it is so good to have a giant’s strength but is it not tyrannous to use that strength as a giant would?

I have been subscribing to Dish TV for years now and with each passing year I am getting more and more disgusted with their high handedness of customer complaints.

I have very little doubt that they switch off my signal just to get their technical support to come over and fiddle with the dish and supposedly set things right - just to get their target of service

charges in a month. Perhaps they are doing this to all their subscribers in turn. My turn comes once in about three months.

Seriously speaking, just of the math, if they have a hundred thousand subscribers and they target at least 10,000 subscribers with a technical team home call and the subscriber has to shrug out 150 bucks for each visit that makes 150 X 10,000 = 1500000!!! 1.5 million each month.

I checked this out some time ago. I lost my signal called customer care and they said they will need to sent someone home to adjust the system. They came They ...

• saw and I took their mobiles away from them, then told them to settle the problem from the location without calling their office. They could not.

No matter what they did they could not locate or restore the signal. What does this mean? No one could answer the question. Then one call to the office a few exchanged coded words and ban came back the signal and I was presented with a bill for 150. They insisted and I threatened to litigate that was the end of the matter. I have not had any more trouble since then.

My

only grouse is that Dish TV has removed GOD channel. When I contacted customer care they said it was a government order that directed them to do that. If this is true, why is the government of India cutting out Christian channels and allowing other religious channels to continue even sponsor with advertisements? Frankly I think it is all about money, perhaps God channel never agreed to their share of the commission.

I am thinking of switching over to some other service but Dish TV I will not recommend to anyone They have a lot of customer care to catch up on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 231103627310331/k2311a0311/3.11.09