Atlanta Zoo  » Entertainment  »
800 Cherokee Avenue, SE; Atlanta, GA 30315
  • The food served was very good except that it also cost an arm and a leg to pay for
  • All in all, I really enjoyed my visit to the Atlanta Zoo

• by Rachelle

The Atlanta Zoo is located in Grant Park, just minutes from downtown Atlanta and Turner Field, Georgia. The Atlanta Zoo was founded in 1889, making it one of the 10 most oldest zoos in America still being operated today. The Atlanta Zoo is open every day except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. The zoo grounds are open from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.

The rates are $18. 99 plus tax for adults and $13. 99 plus tax for children aged 3-11.

The rates for children two and younger is free. Senior citizens aged 55 and older are charged a fee of

$14. 99 plus tax.

One of the great things that I liked about the Atlanta zoo is that the fees for entering the zoo are very affordable for the average American. Another great thing about this zoo is that it offers over 200 species to be viewed by the general public. I especially liked the petting zoo.

The petting zoo was set up well and allowed myself, as well as my family, to get up close and personal with a few of the animals. The staff at the Atlanta Zoo were exceptionally nice, especially the ticket booth staff. They were ...

• cordial and answered all of my questions in a nice manner.

I especially liked the monkeys at this zoo. There exhibit was well made and had plenty of room. The staff who were talking about them were well informed and gave out a tremendous amount of knowledge.

The staff were even friendly when people asked them questions that were rude or hard to answer. While there were many things that I liked about this zoo there were also a few things that I did not like. I did not like the fact that the price of water and other

beverages was outrageous.

The food served was very good except that it also cost an arm and a leg to pay for. Another thing that I did not like about this particular zoo is that there were not many places to sit down and rest for awhile. The zoo is pretty big and after awhile one needs a place to rest their legs, but this zoo offered only a few resting places.

All in all, I really enjoyed my visit to the Atlanta Zoo. It is a great place to take the family and a great place to learn more about animals.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591103627030331/k2311a0311/3.11.09