Static Contraction Strength Training  » Health  »
  • The routine that has worked the best for me has been the CNS routine
  • I have really enjoyed how static contraction helps you to develop a good amount of explosive power such as that developed by pylometric training
  • The only thing that I don't like about static contraction is that it doesn't help you develop your lactic acid removal systems like normal training does
  • That is the only disadvantage of Static Contraction
  • I would fully recommend it to anyone that wants to get strong and build muscle in a healthy way without dedicating his life to being in the gym

• by christopher

If you are reading this article, you have probably seen Pete Sisco’s websites and/or read some of his ebooks such as Lifetime Strength or Get This Strong. Maybe you are skeptical about it because of all the scams and garbage that can be found on the internet. Another reason that you might be skeptical is because the training program and philosophy are so different from everything you have ever seen and heard from the bodybuilding and strength training community. Static contraction involves lifting very heavy weights in your strongest range of motion for several seconds per exercise, which is almost the complete opposite of the normal, 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps in your full range of motion with a weight that is 100-200% lighter than what you would use with static contraction.

I at first felt the same

way you probably do now. But I have been using static contraction and have seen real results. Naturally, I have a thin frame and a very fast metabolism, so it is always more difficult for me to gain muscle than the average person.

However in the time that I have been using static contraction I have gained 20lbs of muscle. I have used several of the routines suggested by Pete Sisco and his companies, such as the SuperRep Arms routine, the CNS routine and the normal Lifetime Strength routine. The routine that has worked the best for me has been the CNS routine.

In one month using the CNS routine I gained 6lbs of lean bodyweight. I have really enjoyed how static contraction helps you to develop a good amount of explosive power such as ...

• that developed by pylometric training. Also as I am a very busy person I don’t have the time to spend hours every week in a gym.

Static Contraction is very brief and infrequent so I don’t have to spend those long hours in the gym and I still get the same or better results. The only thing that I don’t like about static contraction is that it doesn’t help you develop your lactic acid removal systems like normal training does. With conventional training, the sets are long enough that lactic acid starts building up in your muscles which causes the burning sensation.

However with Static Contraction training the workouts are so brief that your body doesn’t even need to worry about removing the lactic acid because it hasn’t had any time to build up in your muscles.

Once I went to the gym with a friend and did a conventional workout. Because my body wasn’t used to it, I was so sore I could barely move for about a week.

That is the only disadvantage of Static Contraction. However that can be easily remedied by adding some endurance training to your workout routine. Considering all of this, I have had a great experience with Static Contraction.

I enjoy that it doesn’t take up a lot of my time that I can better spend on more important things. It has given me great results, and is a very safe way to workout. I would fully recommend it to anyone that wants to get strong and build muscle in a healthy way without dedicating his life to being in the gym.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341103626880231/k2311a0311/3.11.09