MRT in the Philippines  » Railway  »
2.0
  • I use the MRT to go to work everyday to avoid the traffic jam

• by angkat14

Late for work again. It must have been the third time this month.

I use the MRT to go to work everyday to avoid the traffic jam. However, oftentimes, I still find myself late for work due to the operator’s ineffectiveness in running the MRT.

If I didn’t have to wait for ten to fifteen minutes for the

train to arrive (sometimes more than that if the train that came was full and you have to wait for the next one again), I find myself trapped inside a train stopping in between every station just because there was another train right before the one I was riding and we had to wait until ...

• it moved to the next station before we do.

I’ve ridden the similar mass rail transit in Hongkong, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand, to name a few, and even if their trains arrive on a one-minute interval, I have never seen a traffic in the railway like my experiences here. Maybe that’s how big the difference in progress

is.

There was even a time I got stucked inside the MRT for more than an hour because the train in front of the one I was riding malfunctioned and it took them an hour to get the broken train out of the way.

It’s redeeming factors? Its cheap and still a whole lot faster than taking the bus. :\

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 441103626420231/k2311a0311/3.11.09