Blackberry Pearl 8100  » Phones  »
  • I'll start with what I like about the phone
  • When submitting assignments or receiving e-mails from teachers it is extremely convenient for a college student to have this information in the palm of his hand
  • I found that it would last throughout an entire day with no charge
  • I enjoy all the phones features minus having to regularly clean the trackball
  • I would recommend the Pearl to any college student looking to stay connected

• by BadgerDan

Following my high school graduation I received a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 phone for college. As a second semester sophomore I feel I’ve used the phone long enough to form solid judgments about its performance.

I’ll start with what I like about the phone. The phone is very hardy. Despite being dropped numerous times, spilt on, and otherwise mishandled the phone still works properly. I would advise purchasing a soft rubber case for the phone as well as

screen protector sheets. The second feature I find highly useful is the Pearl’s e-mail features. When submitting assignments or receiving e-mails from teachers it is extremely convenient for a college student to have this information in the palm of his hand. Another feature that I liked was the keys. Being 6 foot 4 with large hands, I find that the keys are large enough for my fingers to type each key individually. Also battery life on the ...

• pearl was good. I found that it would last throughout an entire day with no charge.

The Pearl does have its drawbacks however. The rolling trackball used to navigate throughout the Pearls various screens often becomes clogged with gunk. The gunk often stops the ball from rolling, making the phone unusable. The only remedy for this is to attempt to take apart the phone and clean the inside of the trackball mechanism. If you’re like me, you’d rather

not have to disassemble your cell phone to make it work. The second con is the camera isn’t up to par with other cell phones. Pictures are often grainy and no video option is available.

So if you’re looking for a dependable, small option to other Blackberry’s the Pearl is for you. I enjoy all the phones features minus having to regularly clean the trackball. I would recommend the Pearl to any college student looking to stay connected.

Blackberry Pearl 8100

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371003626150731/k2311a0310/3.10.09